NBDE II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teaching peace

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I would appreciate if you could share your experience with NBDE II score of 74.
I scored 74 in my previous attempt and this time I had 14 more correct answers and again scored 74.
I was wondering how many correct answer corresponds to one score up in the NBDE II.

THank you in advance for your input on this issue.

Good luck to everyone who are taking the NBDEII.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry to hear that result. But each exam is different and has a certain number of correct questions to pass. Some exams you would need to get for example 320/500 correct and others 300/500 correct.

punchdrunk7,

Thanks for the kind words.

The following is the post by a member.

Quote:

"Got my Part 2 scores today (2nd attempt)"
Discussion in 'NBDE Exams & Licensure Exams' started by fishpinto, Apr 6, 2010.

I scored a 77 this time. On the first attempt I got a 74. Out of the 500 questions I got 11 more answers correct. I have no idea how they grade the test but I just wish there was a better explanation.

On the first attempt I went through the decks 2 times through and attempted to read through Mosby's one time. I didn't hit too many old tests because I ran out of time.

This last time I hit the decks 2 times through and read through the First Aid book. It just seemed to simplify things for me. I also went through a lot more released exams. I also bought the Kaplan questions and went through them online.

Breakdown of questions:
Operative: 58 Q's
Pharm: 39 Q's
Prosthodontics: 63
Oral Surg/Pain control: 57
Ortho/Pedo: 70
Endo: 38
Perio: 59
Oral Path/Radiology: 58
Patient Management: 58
Case based items: 100

Good luck to each of you studying/taking the exam soon.

Unquote.

what I have found (searching through different sites and forums) every 4 to 5 more correct answers, irrespective of the type of the test in the NBDE II your score increases by one point. It is very unlikely you have 14 more correct answer from your previous attempt and do not score one point.

I would like to know if anyone had this experience ( More than 10 correct answer from previous attemp and no increase in the score ).

THanks again for taking the time and your kind words.