NBDE Part 1 Mastery App or Dental Decks???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baseball0079

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have my NBDE Part 1 coming up on June 27th and started studying today. I recently purchased the NBDE Part 1 Mastery app and am considering purchasing the dental decks. I have heard really great things about the app and have heard from multiple sources that the app and old exams are enough to pass. However, doing research on SDN I do not see much about the app at all and instead majority of people are raving about the dental decks. Does anyone have any recommendations on which resource I should use the most and why? From an initial glance the dental decks seem a little overwhelming and perhaps too much detail.... please let me know! (Any other advice is much appreciated as well!!)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Everyone at my school had a variety of prep materials they liked and most of us passed. For me, I used the mastery app and supplemented with class slides and google search for topics I needed an in depth explanation. I also spent the last few days before the exam doing a released old board exam every day and gave myself the last day off before the exam. It took me about 4 weeks to prep for the exam. Happy studying.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
mastery app, followed by decks, followed by old exams ====> success

Hi everyone! I have my NBDE Part 1 coming up on June 27th and started studying today. I recently purchased the NBDE Part 1 Mastery app and am considering purchasing the dental decks. I have heard really great things about the app and have heard from multiple sources that the app and old exams are enough to pass. However, doing research on SDN I do not see much about the app at all and instead majority of people are raving about the dental decks. Does anyone have any recommendations on which resource I should use the most and why? From an initial glance the dental decks seem a little overwhelming and perhaps too much detail.... please let me know! (Any other advice is much appreciated as well!!)

I remember studying for 1-2 weeks with the decks and that was more than enough to pass. Do they still score the NBDE Part I? If not, and the exam hasn't gotten any harder, then a week with the decks should be way more than enough.

use both, to tell you the true, the App is just the old released questions in an app format . The decks are btter to understand the material and ready to answer any question.
I have the decks for sale with first aid kaplan and Asda papers, all material new barely touch.
Hi, Can you please let me know how old are the ASDA papers and the decks. I want to buy them. How much you are quoting for selling them? please send me a reply on my email me. Thank you.

I remember studying for 1-2 weeks with the decks and that was more than enough to pass. Do they still score the NBDE Part I? If not, and the exam hasn't gotten any harder, then a week with the decks should be way more than enough.
Interestingly they did "recalibrate" the exam a few years ago (3?) to double the failure rate.

I do agree that a couple weeks is all you need 12 days got me there.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk