NBDE PART 1 Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chenglifeng83

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Human HBIG(human serum containing a high titer of antibodies against HBV) to prevent hepatitis B in those not actively immunized with the Hep B vaccine is an example of :
(a) Naturally acquired active immunity
(b) Naturally acquired passive immunity
(c) Artificially acquired active immunity
(d) Artificially acquired passive immunity
answer ::::(d)
:confused: this is one of the question from dental deck .... there is say that the patient is not actively immunized with the Hep B vaccine.... why the answer is D ....
:idea:artificially acquired passive immunity mean injection from hep B vaccine
i don't understand this question please expalne to me
thank you

Members don't see this ad.

artificially acquired active immunity is due to the vaccination in which body makes antibodies by itself
artificially acquired passive immunity is that in which readymade antibodies or immunoglobulins are given directly to the person for quick immunity against the ds..... this is what is asked in the above Q. in which a person gets direct Ig's thru the serum to prevent hepatitis B infection
hope i made it clear

Members don't see this ad :)
I just finished with micro and patholgy i.e decks. Where do i do Anatomy ? Please help me out.

Hi......when are u planing to take ur exam???

Human HBIG(human serum containing a high titer of antibodies against HBV) to prevent hepatitis B in those not actively immunized with the Hep B vaccine is an example of :
(a) Naturally acquired active immunity
(b) Naturally acquired passive immunity
(c) Artificially acquired active immunity
(d) Artificially acquired passive immunity
answer ::::(d)
:confused: this is one of the question from dental deck .... there is say that the patient is not actively immunized with the Hep B vaccine.... why the answer is D ....
:idea:artificially acquired passive immunity mean injection from hep B vaccine
i don't understand this question please expalne to me
thank you