-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
NBDE part 1 raw scores
Started by shaby
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Raw: 344
Comp: 94
Anat: 88
Bio/Phy: 85
Micro/Path: 81
DA: 90
Sept 9th 2008
Comp: 94
Anat: 88
Bio/Phy: 85
Micro/Path: 81
DA: 90
Sept 9th 2008
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Raw: 344
Comp: 94
Anat: 88
Bio/Phy: 85
Micro/Path: 81
DA: 90
Sept 9th 2008
Nice score. Is it customary to take part 1 as a third year at many schools?
Exam taken on jan 09/09
Comp Score-89
Anat-82
B/P-85
M/P-82
Dental-79 (screwed up)
Raw score-328
got the result today-approx 3 weeks
Note- Iam not sure of this, i think scoring above 75 in every subject reflects on your final score. Couple of months back I had a composite score of 86 for a raw score of 333, I Scored 71 in biochem-physio in my last attempt. So for all those who are prep for the exam-make sure you prep for all subjects equally and try to cross abv 75..in all subjects..Once again this is only my observation.
Comp Score-89
Anat-82
B/P-85
M/P-82
Dental-79 (screwed up)
Raw score-328
got the result today-approx 3 weeks
Note- Iam not sure of this, i think scoring above 75 in every subject reflects on your final score. Couple of months back I had a composite score of 86 for a raw score of 333, I Scored 71 in biochem-physio in my last attempt. So for all those who are prep for the exam-make sure you prep for all subjects equally and try to cross abv 75..in all subjects..Once again this is only my observation.
Last edited:
5
54807
Just got my result today. Took it on Jan 5. Very happy 🙂
Composite score - 98
Anatomic Science - 89
Biochem/Phys - 85
Microbio/Path - 92
Dental Anat/Occlusion - 91
Killer. I hope you want to do Ortho.
Nice score. Is it customary to take part 1 as a third year at many schools?
I wasn't technically a third year until the end of sept, we just have to take it before our third year begins. I am not sure how many other schools do it like this. In some ways it was hard because much of the material on the test was taught during our first year. Good luck on your score.
Just got my result today. Took it on Jan 5. Very happy 🙂
Composite score - 98
Anatomic Science - 89
Biochem/Phys - 85
Microbio/Path - 92
Dental Anat/Occlusion - 91
Wow! Congrats!
Can you elaborate on the amount of time spent? And what resources you used for study material?
I'm retaking it in 3 weeks.
can anyone tell that if they have changed anything in the syllabus or exam pattern or anything?
thanks.
thanks.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Booyah! Screw my lazy mailman for making me wait
how is it looking armor! You need to show that mailman the back of your hand.
Last edited:
Lazy mailman got here:
Comp: 97
Anatomy: 88
B/P: 92
M/P: 88
DA: 89
Couldn't be happier!
Comp: 97
Anatomy: 88
B/P: 92
M/P: 88
DA: 89
Couldn't be happier!
Last edited:
Lazy mailman got here:
Comp: 97
Anatomy: 88
B/P: 92
M/P: 88
DA: 89
Couldn't be happier!
Whoop Whoop! In the future we will have to tag team some surgeries 😀. Looks like we are well on our way to cutting down some faces. Very happy for you man.
Last edited by a moderator:
Whoop Whoop! In the future we will have to tag team some surgeries 😀. Looks like we are well on our way to cutting down some faces. Very happy for you man.
I'd feel way happier if I never knew that other people were spiking 98's and 99's, especially certain people that I'll be applying against. 😉 Seriously though, I'm incredibly pleased. I now feel like I might have a shot at some 6 years despite my low undergrad grades.
It seems there is definitely some weighting in the questions though. Our raw scores were only 2 points apart, and my raw score was exactly the same as liberatl's. Interesting knowledge for future generations of test takers.
Now I can finally work on lining up some externships.
hey guys
congratulations for such a wonderul scores
especially..............the one s above 95
ur score is just mind blowing
u guys give me a new ray of hope
i took my test on 9th jan
i hope to see my result by tomm...............waiting from longgggggggg time
but the good thing that happ today was just got an interview from nyucd on my prev score
atleast something good happened after a long time
hey armor shell can u tell me which part do u live in so that i can figure out whento expect my result
good luck with ur application process guys👍
congratulations for such a wonderul scores
especially..............the one s above 95
ur score is just mind blowing
u guys give me a new ray of hope
i took my test on 9th jan
i hope to see my result by tomm...............waiting from longgggggggg time
but the good thing that happ today was just got an interview from nyucd on my prev score
atleast something good happened after a long time
hey armor shell can u tell me which part do u live in so that i can figure out whento expect my result
good luck with ur application process guys👍
300/400 raw
85 comp score
section - mine / nat ave
anat - 61 / 63
bcphys - 75 / 61.2
mcpath - 73 / 73
dent/occ - 91 / 73
respectable...(anyone with a 90+ is a badmammajamma...that has either a photgraphic memory or has made major sacrifices/compromises to earn those numbers. Kudoos to you all.
CZ
[Editted to keep thread clean and to the point]
85 comp score
section - mine / nat ave
anat - 61 / 63
bcphys - 75 / 61.2
mcpath - 73 / 73
dent/occ - 91 / 73
respectable...(anyone with a 90+ is a badmammajamma...that has either a photgraphic memory or has made major sacrifices/compromises to earn those numbers. Kudoos to you all.
CZ
[Editted to keep thread clean and to the point]
Last edited:
I'd feel way happier if I never knew that other people were spiking 98's and 99's, especially certain people that I'll be applying against. 😉 Seriously though, I'm incredibly pleased. I now feel like I might have a shot at some 6 years despite my low undergrad grades.
It seems there is definitely some weighting in the questions though. Our raw scores were only 2 points apart, and my raw score was exactly the same as liberatl's. Interesting knowledge for future generations of test takers.
Now I can finally work on lining up some externships.
You don't have to worry about me as your competition. I will be applying a year behind you due to your damn 3 year dental school (only jealous). You will probably be the one interviewing me or pimping me on an externship.

I don't doubt your credibility guys but is it for real or it's supposed to be a joke?!
I don't doubt your credibility guys but is it for real or it's supposed to be a joke?!
I like how you preface your doubting question with a "I don't mean to doubt your credibility...". Nice cheap shot.
I can't speak for anybody else (and I have no reason to "doubt anybody else's credibility") but my score is very real!
Hate the test not the score.

I doubt anyone is lying or joking, especially not assistant moderators
thats really an amzing score ...u guys should really post ur study patterns ..congrats to everyone ...its really a big acheivement
Hate the test not the score.![]()
Love it..gonna have to use that sometime...not so sure if i;ll get to use after the boards but def in the future sometime haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I like how you preface your doubting question with a "I don't mean to doubt your credibility...". Nice cheap shot.
![]()
hey chill out,
wasn't an underhand slam but I simply thought it's a joke until armorshell posted.
congrats for all of you guys and I'll be taking the test in feb. I only hope to put your scores into a shame! 😀
Last edited by a moderator:
I was just wondering how all of you that got in the mid to upper 90's studied for the boards. What materials did you all use, and for how long did you guys study? Any reply would be very much appreciated. Did any of you just use the dental decks? If so, how did you study them? What about kaplan or other materials?
congrats,Just got my result today. Took it on Jan 5. Very happy 🙂
Composite score - 98
Anatomic Science - 89
Biochem/Phys - 85
Microbio/Path - 92
Dental Anat/Occlusion - 91
can u tell me how did u prepare for the test,i mean how ur plan went.
I used every single sources available. Decks, books, previous exams. Studied for a good 4 months. Had to sacrifice some clinical time. Hope this helps.
hey congratulation for yr really good score.
can u tell me is there any change in pattern or something?
old released exams are helpful or not?
thanks.
I was just wondering how all of you that got in the mid to upper 90's studied for the boards. What materials did you all use, and for how long did you guys study? Any reply would be very much appreciated. Did any of you just use the dental decks? If so, how did you study them? What about kaplan or other materials?
I studied from the Kaplan lecture notes, USMLE first aid, and my own personal notes from the past year and a half in school. I didn't use the decks because I thought they were weak in a lot of areas and incomplete/nonexistant in many others. Lets put it this way, everybody studies the decks and not everybody kills the exam. I studied for 3 weeks or so for about 18 hours a day. Hope this helps.
I used Kaplan, BRS Physio, Path, Biochem, Micro, Concise Dental Anatomy and Morphology (Fuller), Essential Clinical Anatomy (Moore), USMLE First Aid and Goljan's path lectures when I wasn't buried in a book (Driving, doing dishes, on the bus).
NOTE THE DISTINCT LACK OF DECKS.
Studied 2.5 weeks, 12-14 hour days. The month prior I read the Moore book cover to cover. I was supposed to take the test on the 10th and prometric royally bonered my scheduling (thank god I called them in a fit of paranoia) and I ended up having to drive 2 hours south, sleep on a friend's couch and take it 2 days early. ALWAYS CONFIRM BY PHONE WITH PROMETRIC, EVEN IF THEY SEND YOU THE EMAIL.
NOTE THE DISTINCT LACK OF DECKS.
Studied 2.5 weeks, 12-14 hour days. The month prior I read the Moore book cover to cover. I was supposed to take the test on the 10th and prometric royally bonered my scheduling (thank god I called them in a fit of paranoia) and I ended up having to drive 2 hours south, sleep on a friend's couch and take it 2 days early. ALWAYS CONFIRM BY PHONE WITH PROMETRIC, EVEN IF THEY SEND YOU THE EMAIL.
Last edited:
Yes all of you...armourshell, count and libratl....CONGRATS! 🙂))..Thanks alot for sharing what u guys studied from...you guys seem to have all one thing in common...you guys deviated from the norm..which is NOT using the DECKS!!...makes me wonder that the test makers have realized everyone studies from the decks and are now using other sources to make the exam...THANKS GUYS! My exam in on the 26th feb...any advice from you gurus would be highly appreciated 🙂
Yes all of you...armourshell, count and libratl....CONGRATS! 🙂))..Thanks alot for sharing what u guys studied from...you guys seem to have all one thing in common...you guys deviated from the norm..which is NOT using the DECKS!!...makes me wonder that the test makers have realized everyone studies from the decks and are now using other sources to make the exam...THANKS GUYS! My exam in on the 26th feb...any advice from you gurus would be highly appreciated 🙂
I don't think there's anything specific in decks they're shying away from. Decks have become the "standard" study material despites the fact there are several things that I believe are wrong with them.
1. Many people try to use them as flash cards, but the questions on the front are so pathetically easy getting a majority of them right is a given. Many people will skip the information on back if they get the question right because in flash card parlance, that means you "know it."
2. I can't speak for anyone else, but reading about a subject in a well constructed, flowing narrative really helps me integrate and understand all the concepts. Decks are purposefully disjointed, completely throwing that at the window. If taking a book and breaking each paragraph and related chart onto individual cards was a great idea, don't you think they would have done that for every test out there?
3. Decks only graze the surface of the depth you need to understand to score well.
Last edited:
I studied from ..... and my own personal notes from the past year and a half in school.
I have impression this is the right thing; our results depends on our knowledge of the basic consepts learn in SCHOOL. No matter now much and where do we study from.
Congarts guys 🙂
I have impression this is the right thing; our results depends on our knowledge of the basic consepts learn in SCHOOL. No matter now much and where do we study from.
Congarts guys 🙂
Exactly, I would say that 90% of the material that I studied in boards prep was just a review of what I already had learned in class. The other 10% were just little facts about this and that, which were easy to pick up.
I do not disagree with armorshell, orlok, et al...all got 95+...all worked 14 hrs+ a day for several weeks...they got 350+ raw score...with roughly 350 hours of study over 3 weeks...awesome no doubt...but be true to yourself...can you concentrate like that?
I got 300 raw score (respectable) on 1/3 the total hours...with roughly 100 hours of review...
Not trying to dismiss their achievement...it's incredible; the highest i've ever seen. Armorshell and I both got 25s aa on DAT so we know how to prepare for these things. I simply chose 'respectable' instead of smashing...perhaps you're in the same boat.
What they say about 'knowing the material in CLASSES the first time' is spot on.
CZ
I got 300 raw score (respectable) on 1/3 the total hours...with roughly 100 hours of review...
Not trying to dismiss their achievement...it's incredible; the highest i've ever seen. Armorshell and I both got 25s aa on DAT so we know how to prepare for these things. I simply chose 'respectable' instead of smashing...perhaps you're in the same boat.
What they say about 'knowing the material in CLASSES the first time' is spot on.
CZ
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Exactly, I would say that 90% of the material that I studied in boards prep was just a review of what I already had learned in class. The other 10% were just little facts about this and that, which were easy to pick up.
Oh no doubt. This is probably the most important concept people need to get a hold of: the best way to prepare for boards is to learn everything really well the first time around.
Congrats guys .... Amazing scores !!
and one more question what all question papers u had solved ? did anyone tried the crack the nbde software n found it helpful ?
please do reply
IMO Crack the NBDE is a worthless piece of software, with lots of conceptual errors, misspellings and questionable worth. I'd highly discourage anyone from paying for it.
Last edited:
Thanks .. but U did not mention what all question papers did u guys solve n found them helpful for the exam ? do reply

Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 3K
