NBDE Part 1 Score Conversion scale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NovaDMD80

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you that have taken the boards recently and have gotten you scores back could you tell me how accurate the 1998 conversion scale was in terms of the number you got right and the % score you got in each section.

Also it would be really helpful if someone could say how many questions out of 100 they got right in each section and the & score they got in that section, that would really help me out alot.

I believe this info would help alot of those waiting for our results rest easy and kind of predict how we may have done. :D

Members don't see this ad.

I took three complete released exams ('89, '98, & '96 in that order). According to the '98 conversion table I scored 94, 96, & 96 respectively. I scored a 97 on the real thing; so I would say that the '98 conversion table with any recent released exam is good estimate of true performance.

I took three complete released exams ('89, '98, & '96 in that order). According to the '98 conversion table I scored 94, 96, & 96 respectively. I scored a 97 on the real thing; so I would say that the '98 conversion table with any recent released exam is good estimate of true performance.

I confirm :D ..except for DA ...you would get better score on the real exam

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait you got an 89 in DA and got a 70 percent? Meaning you only missed 11 questions? How is that possible your percentile was so low

1998 scle and current exam has no comparision. In 98 scale you always get more marks on standard scle than your correct, but in current exam that's reverse.
I got result recently, score is only 85
Anatomy correct 89-score 62
DA correct 89- score 73
Bio/physio 62-score 61.5
Micro/patho 78-sore 64
I can't understand recent scale. If anybody can, please reply me soon.

This looks strange. Did you get 2 scores i.e. correct answers and row score? How come row score is lower than correct answer? Isnt it should be reverse?

dagu123 & herasasil,

Sorry for confusion guys. I didn't receive two score. I should have wrote "National Mean" instead of score.

Comp. Score : 85
Anatomy correct 89-National Mean 62
DA correct 89- National Mean 73
Bio/physio 62-National Mean 61.5
Micro/patho 78-National Mean 64

you're really unlucky, when i took the exam last year i scored an 88, and it seems like you got more items correct than me....whats up with that?

How long did it take for you to get your scores back? I took my exam on June 2, 2008 and still have not received my scores. These scores are looking really weird. I don't understand the math. Could someone please reply to the length of time it took.

How long did it take for you to get your scores back? I took my exam on June 2, 2008 and still have not received my scores. These scores are looking really weird. I don't understand the math. Could someone please reply to the length of time it took.

I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to how they score these tests....

I took my test on Jun 11th and got my scores on Saturday Jun 21st.

Thanks for the info. I am extremely scared now. Why are mine taking so long. I really thought I did well. I am a nervous wreck. How can there be such extremes in the scoring? Well, I will let you guys know as soon as I find out.

indianDr can u share how many hrs you studied and how u found the exam? tough/easy...how did u thik u did? any ideas ...my exam in in 15 days

The uic link is not working..does someone has the scale conversion chart??

Does anyone have the score conversion for the 2004 (Pilot) NBDE1 that was released in 2005?

What is the raw score required these days topass the exam??
Is it like 300/400? I am able to score 75 on an average in asda papers.