You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
NBDE part II question
Started by funstuff
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
post and core is preferred over post crown for an abutment tooth because
it is stronger
it require less chair side time
better esthetics
can be treated as an independant abutment ans
pathognomic symptom of chronic apical periodontitis
swelling
intermittent pain
tenderness to percussion
tenderness to palpation
none of the above ans ?? if only acute apical periodontitis is precussion positive?
different schls blv differntly>>> so I don't know...but would appct help..thanks
Last edited:
1 Oral hygiene instructions for ADHD patient
hygienist to pt,
hygienist to pt and parents,
dentist to pt,
printed material
2Which aspect most commonly needs convincing for the pt with new CD: speech,
chewing,
max denture retention,
mand denture retention
3clinician can most easily change hue, chroma, value?
hygienist to pt,
hygienist to pt and parents,
dentist to pt,
printed material
2Which aspect most commonly needs convincing for the pt with new CD: speech,
chewing,
max denture retention,
mand denture retention
3clinician can most easily change hue, chroma, value?
hue1 Oral hygiene instructions for ADHD patient
hygienist to pt,
hygienist to pt and parents,
dentist to pt,
printed material
2Which aspect most commonly needs convincing for the pt with new CD: speech,
chewing, ans
max denture retention,
mand denture retention
3clinician can most easily change hue, chroma, value?
pls correct me if wrong
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey narihari, so primary tooth is extracted only if furca involes, not in any other case?no furctn..no ext..
and can u pls chk my 2nd ques in asda, where do we remove lingual arch band only after PM erupt?
hue
pls correct me if wrong
ok what about the other questions????????????
please reply somebody with expalaination😴
which race has highest rate in caries in *adults*?
plz ans
When you place a implant,widening of crestal bone is seen because of which force?
a) Horizontal 2) Oblique 3) Vertical 4)Aapical
Which of the following will occur more force on opposing dentition?
a) complete denture b) tooth borne partial c) tissue born partials d) over dentures
thanks
When you place a implant,widening of crestal bone is seen because of which force?
a) Horizontal 2) Oblique 3) Vertical 4)Aapical
Which of the following will occur more force on opposing dentition?
a) complete denture b) tooth borne partial c) tissue born partials d) over dentures
thanks
Mosby's "Caucasians had a mean coronal Decayed, filled surface twice as high as African Americans 24:12. However, African Americans have higher rate of untreated coronal caries. page 206 Mosby'sMost caries in Kids- Hispanics
Adult caries- African Americans
Recurrent decay - Hispanics
I just took the first part of NBDE 2, and I feel so dizzy. There where a couple question that were so confusing 🙁
I hope tomorrow the case scenarios will be easier.
I got the questions about caries rate, filled teeth rate and chronic periodontitis in different race. I didn't know what to responde
I hope tomorrow the case scenarios will be easier.
I got the questions about caries rate, filled teeth rate and chronic periodontitis in different race. I didn't know what to responde
.A high palate will have what type of vibrating line.
.flatter .
.abrupt and forward ans.
.[ from where to read this].
[
anybody pls ans?plz ans
When you place a implant,widening of crestal bone is seen because of which force?
a) Horizontal 2) Oblique 3) Vertical 4)Aapical
Which of the following will occur more force on opposing dentition?
a) complete denture b) tooth borne partial c) tissue born partials d) over dentures not sure
thanks
Diffrence b/w herpes and apthous is that aphous appear on loose and herpes on attached tissue. but which type of herpes occur on both loose and attached as i read ques where primary herpes occur on palate, tongue, buccal mucosa, then tongue& buccal mucosa r not attached tissues, so is it recurrent or acute herpes which is only on attached tissue?
pls let me know
pls let me know
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
7 year old child with fractured max right cental incisior three hours ago, a clinical exam reveals 2 mm exposure of a bleeding pulp, the treatment of choice is
any one?
- pulpectomy and apexification
- pulpotomy and calcium hydroxide
- direct pulp cap with calcium hydroxide
- one appointment root canal tx
any one?
Don't worry and Good luck for ur 2nd dayI just took the first part of NBDE 2, and I feel so dizzy. There where a couple question that were so confusing 🙁
I hope tomorrow the case scenarios will be easier.
I got the questions about caries rate, filled teeth rate and chronic periodontitis in different race. I didn't know what to responde
most consistent canal morphology
most reason for loss of transplanted autogenous 3rd molar
traumatic occlusion- ans
infection
immune rejection
inadequate root length
can anyone explain how that can be the ans?
anybody plz help
- mand incisior
- max canine
- mand premolar
- max premolar
- mand molar
most reason for loss of transplanted autogenous 3rd molar
traumatic occlusion- ans
infection
immune rejection
inadequate root length
can anyone explain how that can be the ans?
anybody plz help
3 carpuscles(2 ml carpuscles, 40mg/ ml) of LA X required to obtain adequate local anaesthesia, to obtain the same degree of anaesthesiawith L A Y, 5 carpuscles(2 ml carpuscles, 40mg/ ml) are required , if no other information about 2 drugs are available, then drug X
which can not be given orally?
ampicillin
methicilln
penicillin G
cloxacillin
- is more potent than Y
- is less potent than y
- is more efficacious than y
- is less efficacious than y
- X & Y are = in potency and efficacy
which can not be given orally?
ampicillin
methicilln
penicillin G
cloxacillin
extension of proximal facial and lingual walls for class 2 cavity preparation for dental amalgam and gold restoration should be determined primarily by
ans is give the position of adjacent teeth in relation to the tooth being restored
how is it the ans , plz expalin
I think it based on extent of carious lesion
ans is give the position of adjacent teeth in relation to the tooth being restored
how is it the ans , plz expalin
I think it based on extent of carious lesion
19 year old man complains of tingling in his lower lip, an examamination discloses a painless, hard swelling mandibular premolar region, the pt first noticed this swelling 3 weeks ago, radiograph indicate a loss of cortex and diffuse radiating pattern of trabeculae in the mass which of the following is most likely diagnosis
dentigeros cyst
osteoma
ossifying fibroma
leukemia
hyperparathyroidism
dentigeros cyst
osteoma
ossifying fibroma
leukemia
hyperparathyroidism
can u pls expalin this:3 carpuscles(2 ml carpuscles, 40mg/ ml) of LA X required to obtain adequate local anaesthesia, to obtain the same degree of anaesthesiawith L A Y, 5 carpuscles(2 ml carpuscles, 40mg/ ml) are required , if no other information about 2 drugs are available, then drug X
I think the ans should be 1, but in ans key it is given 5, plz anyone can expalin?
- is more potent than Y
- is less potent than y
- is more efficacious than y
- is less efficacious than y
- X & Y are = in potency and efficacy
U r right, this is wrong ans.
which can not be given orally?
ampicillin
methicilln ans
penicillin G
cloxacillin
dentist seat full gold crown on pt right mand 2nd molar, as pt close on initial contact, jaw deflect to right. bfore treatment occlusion was ok, to regain stability, dentist will adjust crown. on which incline of which cusp should adjustment be made?
ans is inner(lingual) incline of facial cusp. but how?
extent of carious lesion determine outline form.extension of proximal facial and lingual walls for class 2 cavity preparation for dental amalgam and gold restoration should be determined primarily by
ans is give the position of adjacent teeth in relation to the tooth being restored
how is it the ans , plz expalin
I think it based on extent of carious lesion
if with new complete denture pt complains of cheek biting, what should be done?
- grind buccal of lower teeth
- grind bucal of upper teeth
- grind lingual of upper teeth
- grind lingual of lower teeth
- leukemia
- diabetes
- puberty
in MO amalgam cavity preparation the distal wall in the cavity prep is
obtuse ans but don't know how?
acute
90
maximium apical excess with minimal tissue removal achieved with
vertical incision
semilunar incision
y incision
envelop incision[/QUOT
19 year old man complains of tingling in his lower lip, an examamination discloses a painless, hard swelling mandibular premolar region, the pt first noticed this swelling 3 weeks ago, radiograph indicate a loss of cortex and diffuse radiating pattern of trabeculae in the mass which of the following is most likely diagnosis
dentigeros cyst
osteoma
ossifying fibroma ans
leukemia
hyperparathyroidism[/QUOTE
can u pls expalin this:
dentist seat full gold crown on pt right mand 2nd molar, as pt close on initial contact, jaw deflect to right. bfore treatment occlusion was ok, to regain stability, dentist will adjust crown. on which incline of which cusp should adjustment be made?
ans is inner(lingual) incline of facial cusp. but how?
as far as I understand the situation,
upon closing jaw deflects to right, so intreference is with woking cusp of mand tooth, to correct that inner incline shuold be reduced as it comes in contact with opposing tooth,
I hope I try my best to explain the thing
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
19 year old man complains of tingling in his lower lip, an examamination discloses a painless, hard swelling mandibular premolar region, the pt first noticed this swelling 3 weeks ago, radiograph indicate a loss of cortex and diffuse radiating pattern of trabeculae in the mass which of the following is most likely diagnosis
dentigeros cyst
osteoma
ossifying fibroma ans
leukemia
hyperparathyroidism[/QUOTE
can you tell me where you read this radio graphic feature?
Yes pen.G is given parentally and V orally but i read that methicillin can be given parentally only. so it is more accurate answhich can not be given orally?
ampicillin
methicilln ans
penicillin G
cloxacillin
I think the ans should be penicillin G, as it is not stable in stomach acid , it is given parenterally
if ans key gives this ans? actually we have to read individual r/f feature, in this case i read that central ossifying fibroma has diff features at diff stage, in advanced there is radulucency with radioopaque flecks, and all other cann't be ans according to me. am i rightcan you tell me where you read this radio graphic feature?
In this case as there is working side interference, then we use BULL rule, so i think there should be reduction on lingual cusp , then wy ans is not facial incline of lingual cusp? am i applying rule wrongly?as far as I understand the situation,
upon closing jaw deflects to right, so intreference is with woking cusp of mand tooth, to correct that inner incline shuold be reduced as it comes in contact with opposing tooth,
I hope I try my best to explain the thing
pls can u tell my previous herpes ques ans too.
In this case as there is working side interference, then we use BULL rule, so i think there should be reduction on lingual cusp , then wy ans is not facial incline of lingual cusp? am i applying rule wrongly?
pls can u tell my previous herpes ques ans too.
here we are not doing working side movment, pt is just closing the jaw, thats why that rule can not apply here
for herpes , I have read that herpes occurs both on the attached and non attached mucosa,so it can be on buccal mucosa and gingiva
plz correct me if I am wrong
if ans key gives this ans? actually we have to read individual r/f feature, in this case i read that central ossifying fibroma has diff features at diff stage, in advanced there is radulucency with radioopaque flecks, and all other cann't be ans according to me. am i right
ans is not given, thanx Benny for yr explanation
which of the following controls the mean energy of the x ray beam ?
MA
KVP
focal spot size
exposure time
ans given is mA, but I think it shoud be kVp, anyone can expaline this plz?
Hi uabsfm.........i think it is given in mosby that mean energy is penetrating power.........and penetrating power depnds on Kvp.
Shorter the wave lengh...more penetraing power
correct me if wrong🙂
mA is the #of elec-..I agree with kvpwhich of the following controls the mean energy of the x ray beam ?
MA
KVP
focal spot size
exposure time
ans given is mA, but I think it shoud be kVp, anyone can expaline this plz?
better contourpt with faulty amalgam restoration, replacement with casting inlay and onlay might be better because
I think ans should be better contour, if anyone has diffferent ans for this q?
- better adaptation
- better retention
- better contour
Can Someone Kindly explain to me when to use the different Clasps (RPI, RPC, circumferential clast). Which Kennedy class is indicated for each? Ive been reading about it..but I feel like i may need more clarification. Thanks in advance..

Hi Benny,
Thanks for the good wishes. I feel much better today. Case scenario weren't so hard as I expected.
But I do realized that I made lots of mistake yesterday. So now it's waiting time. Although, I'm going to prepare to retake Part1. It's like a never ending study ....
Hey, do you know if the score system is like part1? Like you have to have 75% in each topic to pass? In part 2, can you pass if you have 85%pf each topic except for one? 🙂
Thanks for the good wishes. I feel much better today. Case scenario weren't so hard as I expected.
But I do realized that I made lots of mistake yesterday. So now it's waiting time. Although, I'm going to prepare to retake Part1. It's like a never ending study ....
Hey, do you know if the score system is like part1? Like you have to have 75% in each topic to pass? In part 2, can you pass if you have 85%pf each topic except for one? 🙂
Don't worry and Good luck for ur 2nd day
Does anyone know what henly and hunter syndrome is? 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Benny,
Thanks for the good wishes. I feel much better today. Case scenario weren't so hard as I expected.
But I do realized that I made lots of mistake yesterday. So now it's waiting time. Although, I'm going to prepare to retake Part1. It's like a never ending study ....
Hey, do you know if the score system is like part1? Like you have to have 75% in each topic to pass? In part 2, can you pass if you have 85%pf each topic except for one? 🙂
all the best teru for yr result of part 2
mA is the #of elec-..I agree with kvp
thanx GDCH and narihari for replying
- Status
- Not open for further replies.