NBDE1 yikes!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

droolglanddoc

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

I finally took the NBDE1 yesterday, it was HARD... Now here are my two questions (and excuse me if you answered them before, I was studying like crazy I haven't logged in to SDN or anything for that matter in two months or even more!!) and it still was hard 🙁
1- does is really take a whole 2 to 3 weeks to get the results?
2- rumor has it in that if you do well you receive a huge envelope because it comes with a certificate??? and if you did bad/fail you just get a regular envelope (I need to know that because results will go to my parents' address, and I will want to know what to except) "oh dear you just received a little envelope it says it's from ADA 😕" :scared:

Thanks.
 
droolglanddoc said:
Hi guys,

I finally took the NBDE1 yesterday, it was HARD... Now here are my two questions (and excuse me if you answered them before, I was studying like crazy I haven't logged in to SDN or anything for that matter in two months or even more!!) and it still was hard 🙁
1- does is really take a whole 2 to 3 weeks to get the results?
2- rumor has it in that if you do well you receive a huge envelope because it comes with a certificate??? and if you did bad/fail you just get a regular envelope (I need to know that because results will go to my parents' address, and I will want to know what to except) "oh dear you just received a little envelope it says it's from ADA 😕" :scared:

Thanks.

Can you tell me about it? I take it in 2.5 wks on paper. What types of questions? Did you use decks and old exams?
 
hi there
All the best for ur results..can u post us ur experience ? like which sections were tough ?important topics to be studied etc ? thnx.
 
cadaver said:
hi there
All the best for ur results..can u post us ur experience ? like which sections were tough ?important topics to be studied etc ? thnx.


hey guys,

well i didn't have old exams so i don't know what to tell you, i wish i did? (though i don't know when i would have had time to look at them)
i studied the decks as best as i could and i honestly thought they were pretty useless for the MICRO/PATH section. know the perio involved bugs. as far as gross anatomy just know the basics the musc attach, insert, and function, etc. biochem pathways!! teeth sections mostly OCCLUSION i can't stress that enough.
that's all.. i really hope i don't have to take that over and good luck to you guys!!
 
thanks for sharing it!
all the best for your results 👍




droolglanddoc said:
hey guys,

well i didn't have old exams so i don't know what to tell you, i wish i did? (though i don't know when i would have had time to look at them)
i studied the decks as best as i could and i honestly thought they were pretty useless for the MICRO/PATH section. know the perio involved bugs. as far as gross anatomy just know the basics the musc attach, insert, and function, etc. biochem pathways!! teeth sections mostly OCCLUSION i can't stress that enough.
that's all.. i really hope i don't have to take that over and good luck to you guys!!