nbde1

Started by vaio
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

vaio

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
what's the 1 good source to use if one is looking to pass the boards? I am not particularly worried about getting a really high score as I have no intentions of specializing. I have heard decks, kaplan, and first aid...which one would you suggest?
 
I'm only doing the decks...I didn't even know about First Aid and I didn't want to bother with the Kaplan course. I take it in three weeks; wish me luck! Oh, and I'm using some of the old exams that ASDA sells on their student site.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you're just looking to pass the exam, decks and old papers is the way to go. If you have a particular weakness (e.g. biochem/microbiology), pick any book you're comfortable with or just use Wikipedia to expand on stuff in the decks/old papers that you're completely unfamiliar with.
 
Thanks! I'm actually borrowing First Aid from someone and like it so far. I finished the decks a few days ago (WOOO!) except for my "hell pile" which is a stack of maybe around 50 that will take some serious looking-at. (Lists of microorganisms...pathways...that sort of thing.) I also use wikipedia ALL the time for random terms and diseases that I forget about. Oh, and dural venous sinuses. 🙂

Two weeks! It should be fun...I'll just be glad to get it over with. 👍 *flexes biceps*
 
Thanks! I'm actually borrowing First Aid from someone and like it so far. I finished the decks a few days ago (WOOO!) except for my "hell pile" which is a stack of maybe around 50 that will take some serious looking-at. (Lists of microorganisms...pathways...that sort of thing.) I also use wikipedia ALL the time for random terms and diseases that I forget about. Oh, and dural venous sinuses. 🙂

Two weeks! It should be fun...I'll just be glad to get it over with. 👍 *flexes biceps*

LOL at "hell pile" :laugh:. I know exactly what you're talking about! This is where USMLE First Aid comes in handy (especially for microbiology). Good luck 👍.