Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vaio

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2005
Status
what's the 1 good source to use if one is looking to pass the boards? I am not particularly worried about getting a really high score as I have no intentions of specializing. I have heard decks, kaplan, and first aid...which one would you suggest?

vaio

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2005
Status
thx for the replies .. i was hoping for some more :confused:

About the Ads

I'mFillingFine

Pulptastic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2005
Shuffled off....
Status
  1. Dental Student
I'm only doing the decks...I didn't even know about First Aid and I didn't want to bother with the Kaplan course. I take it in three weeks; wish me luck! Oh, and I'm using some of the old exams that ASDA sells on their student site.

mdhan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
Status
If you're just looking to pass the exam, decks and old papers is the way to go. If you have a particular weakness (e.g. biochem/microbiology), pick any book you're comfortable with or just use Wikipedia to expand on stuff in the decks/old papers that you're completely unfamiliar with.

I'mFillingFine

Pulptastic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2005
Shuffled off....
Status
  1. Dental Student
Thanks! I'm actually borrowing First Aid from someone and like it so far. I finished the decks a few days ago (WOOO!) except for my "hell pile" which is a stack of maybe around 50 that will take some serious looking-at. (Lists of microorganisms...pathways...that sort of thing.) I also use wikipedia ALL the time for random terms and diseases that I forget about. Oh, and dural venous sinuses. :)

Two weeks! It should be fun...I'll just be glad to get it over with. :thumbup: *flexes biceps*

mdhan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
Status
Thanks! I'm actually borrowing First Aid from someone and like it so far. I finished the decks a few days ago (WOOO!) except for my "hell pile" which is a stack of maybe around 50 that will take some serious looking-at. (Lists of microorganisms...pathways...that sort of thing.) I also use wikipedia ALL the time for random terms and diseases that I forget about. Oh, and dural venous sinuses. :)

Two weeks! It should be fun...I'll just be glad to get it over with. :thumbup: *flexes biceps*

LOL at "hell pile" :laugh:. I know exactly what you're talking about! This is where USMLE First Aid comes in handy (especially for microbiology). Good luck :thumbup:.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads