Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vaio

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2005
Status
what's the 1 good source to use if one is looking to pass the boards? I am not particularly worried about getting a really high score as I have no intentions of specializing. I have heard decks, kaplan, and first aid...which one would you suggest?

OP
vaio

vaio

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2005
Status
thx for the replies .. i was hoping for some more :confused:

OP
vaio

vaio

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2005
Status
nice..keep it coming

About the Ads

I'mFillingFine

Pulptastic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2005
Shuffled off....
Status
Dental Student
I'm only doing the decks...I didn't even know about First Aid and I didn't want to bother with the Kaplan course. I take it in three weeks; wish me luck! Oh, and I'm using some of the old exams that ASDA sells on their student site.

mdhan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
Status
If you're just looking to pass the exam, decks and old papers is the way to go. If you have a particular weakness (e.g. biochem/microbiology), pick any book you're comfortable with or just use Wikipedia to expand on stuff in the decks/old papers that you're completely unfamiliar with.

I'mFillingFine

Pulptastic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2005
Shuffled off....
Status
Dental Student
Thanks! I'm actually borrowing First Aid from someone and like it so far. I finished the decks a few days ago (WOOO!) except for my "hell pile" which is a stack of maybe around 50 that will take some serious looking-at. (Lists of microorganisms...pathways...that sort of thing.) I also use wikipedia ALL the time for random terms and diseases that I forget about. Oh, and dural venous sinuses. :)

Two weeks! It should be fun...I'll just be glad to get it over with. :thumbup: *flexes biceps*

mdhan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
Status
Thanks! I'm actually borrowing First Aid from someone and like it so far. I finished the decks a few days ago (WOOO!) except for my "hell pile" which is a stack of maybe around 50 that will take some serious looking-at. (Lists of microorganisms...pathways...that sort of thing.) I also use wikipedia ALL the time for random terms and diseases that I forget about. Oh, and dural venous sinuses. :)

Two weeks! It should be fun...I'll just be glad to get it over with. :thumbup: *flexes biceps*
LOL at "hell pile" :laugh:. I know exactly what you're talking about! This is where USMLE First Aid comes in handy (especially for microbiology). Good luck :thumbup:.

About the Ads