NBME Shelf Scores for AADSAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

iamram28

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would it be worth mentioning that I have taken 2 Shelf exams while completing my master's degree? I scored in the 54th percentile on one, and in the 48th percentile on the other, which are both ranked among the medical students nationwide who also took these exams.

There isn't anywhere in the AADSAS application to mention this other than mentioning it in my personal statement. I was just wondering if it would even be relevant since those exams are taken by med students not dental student. My scores are fairly high for a non-med student (I think) so I would like to mention them if they will help my application at all.

Thanks.
 
Scores in the 54th and 48th percentile aren't worth mentioning. Additionally, mentioning that you took those exams come off as "I tried medicine." The cons outweigh the pros.