This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sahell

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. Preop evaluation reveals chronic occlusion of lower limb veins and edema - How to manage preop?

I thought we would give therapeutic dose of Hep for DVT, which was wrong. Would be give low dose hep prophylaxis?

2. Patient is put on a ventillator probably because of ARDS - Tidal vol 1000ml, PEEP 2.5, FiO2 100%. What settings to change/add medications?

I thought the tidal volume was too high and would cause pneumothorax, so I chose to decrease it but that was wrong. Would we increase PEEP?

Also does anyone know a good resource for ventillator stuff for CK level?

Members don't see this ad.

1. Preop evaluation reveals chronic occlusion of lower limb veins and edema - How to manage preop?

I thought we would give therapeutic dose of Hep for DVT, which was wrong. Would be give low dose hep prophylaxis?

2. Patient is put on a ventillator probably because of ARDS - Tidal vol 1000ml, PEEP 2.5, FiO2 100%. What settings to change/add medications?

I thought the tidal volume was too high and would cause pneumothorax, so I chose to decrease it but that was wrong. Would we increase PEEP?

Also does anyone know a good resource for ventillator stuff for CK level?

2. Answer is increase PEEP
I figured his O2 levels were too low to decrease tidal volume

Reactions: 1 user