NBOME SUCKS they need to cancel COMLEX PE like NBME did for CS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TwistedTea

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
Reaction score
NBOME sucks and is run by a bunch of fools that want your money. Remember this come attending status.

stole from JKDOCTOR

Down with the NBOME! Nobody cares about your poor quality exams and OMM nonsense !!!!!!

rabble rabble

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Well I had to take it, so everyone else should too!!!

j/king. It would be great if it was put to pasture.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
It'll be interesting to tune in to NBOMEs 2nd webinar on Friday to see what they say. I have very little hope that they will do anything like the NBME did. The CEO seemed to have a hard on for the PE exam.

Members don't see this ad :)
NBOME sucks and is run by a bunch of fools that want your money. Remember this come attending status.

stole from JKDOCTOR

Down with the NBOME! Nobody cares about your poor quality exams and OMM nonsense !!!!!!

rabble rabble
NBOME? Why should they care about what's good for students???

Nbome is determined to have a bigger yatch than NBME...it is a competition contributed by us medical students...

Reactions: 1 users
Is a yatch like a samsquatch?

• Haha
We got to protest the NBOME! Someone needs to write the Chicago or Philadelphia city council b/c the NBOME is trying to get a special permit from them to administer the exam. We can’t let the NBOME win and have all their Ferrari’s and mansions. I wonder how much money Gimpel makes a year since the NBOME is a “non-profit” organization?

We got to protest the NBOME! Someone needs to write the Chicago or Philadelphia city council b/c the NBOME is trying to get a special permit from them to administer the exam. We can’t let the NBOME win and have all their Ferrari’s and mansions. I wonder how much money Gimpel makes a year since the NBOME is a “non-profit” organization?

~600k with benefits based on the NBOME's form 990 from 2018.

Screenshot_20200525-160757.png

• Angry
This is so ridiculous, but they're never going to get rid of it otherwise they have to admit that no one cares about OMM. Keeping this test around makes it seem like knowing OMM is actually important, because how else will they evaluate you actually massaging people!!

Reactions: 4 users
If they do get rid of the PE, the class of 2021 who DID take the PE better get a refund. Of course I wouldn’t mind if it gets canceled, but not really fair that I had to pay $1300 as a broke med student and a peer didn’t. $1300 is ALOT.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
If they do get rid of it like the PE, the class of 2021 would DID take the PE better get a refund. Of course I wouldn’t mind it gets canceled, but not really fair that I had to pay $1300 as a broke med student and a peer didn’t. $1300 is ALOT.

IThe money is probably spent already. I bet you they'll be in the negative if they refund.

If they do get rid of it like the PE, the class of 2021 would DID take the PE better get a refund. Of course I wouldn’t mind it gets canceled, but not really fair that I had to pay $1300 as a broke med student and a peer didn’t. $1300 is ALOT.
Don't worry. The NBOME will not get rid of the PE. The only way the NBOME gets rid of the PE is if COVID-19 gets worse and they are unable to have the exam. However, they are getting a special permit to have the exam so they are pretty stubborn about having the PE. The NBOME might hurt some DO's in the match because many DO's won't have their PE results in time for rank lists.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't worry. The NBOME will not get rid of the PE. The only way the NBOME gets rid of the PE is if COVID-19 gets worse and they are unable to have the exam. However, they are getting a special permit to have the exam so they are pretty stubborn about having the PE. The NBOME might hurt some DO's in the match because many DO's won't have their PE results in time for rank lists.

if the national guard came in to shut the PE down the NBOME would fight to the death with bow and femur probably

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Do you have a link to any info about the special permit? Maybe we can all write the local councils to protest.

Reactions: 1 user
if the national guard came in to shut the PE down the NBOME would fight to the death with bow and femur probably

They probably have access to some ancient OMM techniques to vanquish their foes. Kind of like Dr. Strange... but the primary care version of him with a man bun.

They probably have access to some ancient OMM techniques to vanquish their foes. Kind of like Dr. Strange... but the primary care version of him with a man bun.

Targeting them Chapman Points.
tylee.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Do you have a link to any info about the special permit? Maybe we can all write the local councils to protest.
Reportedly they said that they are in the process of getting special permission to deliver the exam anyway..... although it sounds like this is something in the works from before the NBME decision, and I could easily see city leadership being like, "hold up, why are you delivering your test and that other organization isn't?"

People should probably email city/state leadership in those two states if we really want to be aggressive with this. They probably don't even realize the NBOME counterpart has cancelled their version of the test.

that’s where I got my info from anatomygrey12.

Reactions: 2 users
The MD threads are boring as hell. Love reading DO stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
The MD threads are boring as hell. Love reading DO stuff.
Same with internal medicine. Anesthesia and EM rock the house. Shoulda read SDN before matching IM. Walking into a boring azz crowd

IThe money is probably spent already. I bet you they'll be in the negative if they refund.
that's not our problem...should be deliberating this conversation with the MD club as opposed to paving their own road despite merged residencies. Personally contemplating to reschedule my PE in the event this is cancelled after my date and I go through the stress and get no refund for the mental torture.

You wouldn't celebrate your peers not having to take a worthless exam? Ok gunner....

Reactions: 8 users

I currently have an email already drafted to local government leaders in both locations. It’s in the final editing phase. If anyone wants to sign it, or take the template and send it themselves, then DM me.

The NBOME is refusing to back down. They think students will just roll over and take whatever it is they give us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 12 users
I currently have an email already drafted to local government leaders in both locations. It’s in the final editing phase. If anyone wants to sign it, or take the template and send it themselves, then DM me.

The NBOME is refusing to back down. They think students will just roll over and take whatever it is they give us.
You are gonna bend over and take that femur trochanter and all

I'm torn here because part of me wants them to cancel the exam as it is an obvious cash grab and a source of much undue stress to so many students each year. Not to mention the fact that it's nonsensical to have thousands of students from around the country travel back and forth, acting as possible vectors.

The other part of me wants the NBOME to follow through and die on this hill because they are going to walk into such a legal and PR ****storm the magnitude of which they might not be able to handle. This could lead to discussions of doing away with COMLEX and having all students take USMLE.

So there are a lot of schools now requiring students to quarantine themselves after travel. Provided our PE date was basically given to us based on luck...how is this helping students who have scheduled aways and home rotations that will basically be called off because of this traveling. Is anyone addressing this liability for any of us students? It might have flied by to do so unknowingly when this pandemic was not calling ppl on a lockdown and when we didn't know anything about how this virus acted despite no symptoms but it would be naive and unethical to now put patients at risk when we return (and if we are not permitted to return back to our schedule righteously, we stand to lose preplanned rotations for atleast 2 weeks).

The other part of me wants the NBOME to follow through and die on this hill because they are going to walk into such a legal and PR ****storm the magnitude of which they might not be able to handle. This could lead to discussions of doing away with COMLEX and having all students take USMLE.

I've thought of this too lol. If this is the hill they choose to die on it may very well be the first nail in their coffin.
So there are a lot of schools now requiring students to quarantine themselves after travel. Provided our PE date was basically given to us based on luck...how is this helping students who have scheduled aways and home rotations that will basically be called off because of this traveling. Is anyone addressing this liability for any of us students? It might have flied by to do so unknowingly when this pandemic was not calling ppl on a lockdown and when we didn't know anything about how this virus acted despite no symptoms but it would be naive and unethical to now put patients at risk when we return (and if we are not permitted to return back to our schedule righteously, we stand to lose preplanned rotations for atleast 2 weeks).

This. So many moving parts. They are so intent on ramming through this pointless exam, consequences be damned.

The whole argument made at the last webinar about "state medical boards want us to keep delivering a clinical skills exam" is completely a lie lol, the FSMB was literally on the announcement made by the NBME.

No effing crap we need to contact news outlets and be like “we are having to travel in from all over the place to do a fake exam. Putting ourselves and others at risk and the other medical board has stopped the exam. “TBH media more useful than government here. Let people know the NBOME sucks. Hell even the military has a quarantine in place after travel. Down with the NBOME.

Last edited:
No effing crap we need to contact news outlets and be like “we are having to travel in from all over the place to do a fake exam. Putting ourselves and others at risk and the other medical board has stopped the exam. “TBH media more useful than government here. Let people know the NBOME sucks. Hell even the military has a quarantine in place after travel. Down with the NBOME.

Maybe a little reverse psychology would work. Talk up the exam to be the greatest thing ever, but just stress the downsides of taking it right now with everything going on. Then they won't be so defensive about the excellence of the exam and will instead see our points about the downsides. I think right now they are blinded by the fact that people are ****ting on their exam.

While I hope the NBOME is absorbed into NBME, where is the PR firestorm gonna come from? I feel like the vast majority of people don't even know it exists. So unless DOs rise up (which they haven't done yet) and throw it in the face of NBOME, Gimpel will slide by like he has been

While I hope the NBOME is absorbed into NBME, where is the PR firestorm gonna come from? I feel like the vast majority of people don't even know it exists.

This. We need to let people know this is happening. The firestorm will come, but only if the right people/organizations know what is going on.

This. We need to let people know this is happening. The firestorm will come, but only if the right people/organizations know what is going on.
If someone got a petition started somehow like the ones that were going around about making Step P/F earlier, it could gain momentum. I feel like most people don't even know this is happening if they're not needing to take PE and/or on SDN. Like, I never would've heard about this if not for SDN so I'm sure the vast majority of my classmates have no idea it's going on, but would probably be behind a push to abolish the PE.

If someone got a petition started somehow like the ones that were going around about making Step P/F earlier, it could gain momentum. I feel like most people don't even know this is happening if they're not needing to take PE and/or on SDN. Like, I never would've heard about this if not for SDN so I'm sure the vast majority of my classmates have no idea it's going on, but would probably be behind a push to abolish the PE.

Solid. You already have someone from my school so I look forward to getting behind this whenever it goes out.

I’m astounded by the great ideas above me. This may have been mentioned before and in addition to what is said about. We do have to word it toward benefit of the public and not students.
Something more legibly worded then what I’m about to say but along the same lines as

“students who have been in the hospital(if u all return to clins) conglomerating to xyz location and seeing several patients blah blah risk public blah blah other social justice warrior stuff. “

make sure it’s super social justice warriory so all the super vocal left wing people go nuts with it.

The only notable highlight about the NBOME webinar 2.0 was one of you had the large coconuts to name yourself "Harry Azcrac" in Zoom.

Hats off to you sir.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
Trying to wash this diarrhea out of my ears.

Reactions: 13 users
Gimpel is such a mother ****er

Reactions: 8 users
So I take it they aren’t cancelling PE

Reactions: 6 users
That wasn’t unexpected. Time to make this the rock the NBOME dies on

Imagine how a Trump interview goes. There is no rationale, just mental gymnastics and a lot of smoke.

Omg, you noticed that too? He needs to slow it down, pause a bit, and quit ranting and circle talking.

Reactions: 1 user
What’s the rationale?
The actual rationale they mentioned are as follows:

1. NBME deals with 35k students, we deal with 6k. Less logistical nightmare.
2. We have a soft start date of july 1. That may change (they're setting it up to possibly delay it more)
3. "PDs know what the PE is, and they look forward to those results since it shows you're a TRUE OSTEOPATHIC student"
4. Many governors of states are loosening restrictions!!! Therefore, against scientific evidence, it's not that big of a deal!
5. If you don't want to take it when you're scheduled to because you're not comfortable, feel free to reschedule to march 2021
6. Many, Many other Bs reasons
7. Oh, Al$o, Money

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Had a classmate text me an interesting idea. The MD students won't have a CS score to put in ERAS or be asked about during interviews. Their risk of reporting a failing score is 0%. The DO students still have to take PE so their risk of having to report a failing score is > 0%. Thus, it may be best to schedule the PE for after rank list come out if you are a DO student, especially if applying to a competitive specialty.

Had a classmate text me an interesting idea. The MD students won't have a CS score to put in ERAS or be asked about during interviews. Their risk of reporting a failing score is 0%. The DO students still have to take PE so their risk of having to report a failing score is > 0%. Thus, it may be best to schedule the PE for after rank list come out if you are a DO student, especially if applying to a competitive specialty.
But how many PDs, if any, will rank people with no PE score? This only works if PDs disregard it this season.

But how many PDs, if any, will rank people with no PE score? This only works if PDs disregard it this season.

Let’s be real here, PDs don’t have to be considerate. They get thousands of apps from MDs alone and will use any criteria they can to whittle it down. This also makes it easy to pick DO students that do have a PE over those that don’t. Gimpel himself said they have no ability to inforce this and that we should trust PDs to “do the right thing”.

Reactions: 6 users