NC State Admits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So as soon as I sent this post I saw I had a message. Marine Vet told me they would be sending out an email with a schedule...

awesome

this would definitely be one of those times that i would be hating not getting mail on sundays. i hope everything works out for you optimistic :(

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
congratulations to everyone in the class of 2013! i look forward to meeting you.

I just got my acceptance letter to NCSU. I can harly type I am so happy. I live in Apex, and my last name starts with D.

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE ELSE!!!

Congrats!!! That means we are gonna be classmates!!!!!!!!!:D

Join the facebook group NCSU CVM Class of 2013

We can start getting to know each other!

My first name is Summer and I listed under NCSU 2013. Would love to meet up for those in the Charlotte region.

I thought I'd check this thread again before I went to bed. I was getting very sleepy and ready to hit the hay. But after reading about all the acceptances and all the talk about future classmates...I don't think I'll sleep a wink.

I can't wait to meet all of you :)

thanks so much! I really hope I'll be seeing all you guys in the fall. I am seriously a crazy person today having to wait until I can call first thing tomorrow :scared:

Optimistic 13: I will be thinking about you Monday. Make sure you let us know ASAP what you find out.

Good luck everyone who is still waiting!! Here is hoping for big packets in the mail!!

I will also be thinking about you Optimistic, good luck with your phone call!!

Thinking good thoughts for Optimistic...assuming the phone lines are up and open and the calls are getting made.

Members don't see this ad :)
Optimistic13: I checked SDN just to see how the phone calls were going. I am sending you good luck vibes. Stay positive and encouraged. We are all pulling for you!

I am sorry Optimistic that is tough. I know how you feel though. I haven't got anything from them this time around, and it sucks. So, I can only think bad things. But, at least you got in somewhere and you will definitely be a vet! :-D That is worth smiling about.

That would really devastate me! How could she have the same address? Seems odd.

So sorry, was looking forward to being classmates.

I am so sorry Optimistic13. I wanted you to be accepted so badly.

Try to stay positive. (What happened to you is awful and hopefully the University will take measures to prevent that from happening again.) I know it may not be what you initally wanted, but life puts us exactly where we are supposed to be when we are supposed to be there. Years from now, you may see this as a silver lining.

I am so sorry Optimistic13. I wanted you to be accepted so badly.

Try to stay positive. (What happened to you is awful and hopefully the University will take measures to prevent that from happening again.) I know it may not be what you initally wanted, but life puts us exactly where we are supposed to be when we are supposed to be there. Years from now, you may see this as a silver lining.

That's beautiful. Well said.

I'm so, so sorry Optimistic! I know how much this weekend must have sucked...waiting to be able to call. You seem to be handling it much better than I would be--I still hold a grudge against the Duke admissions office losing my application 5 years ago!

Of course, it's easy to hold a grudge against Duke.... ;)

:( I don't think there's much more I could add. (e-hug) because you need it

and a few more
(e-hug) (e-hug) (e-hug) (e-hug) (e-hug) (e-hug)

Optimistic 13: I am so sorry...... I am keeping my fingers crossed that you are #1 on the wait list. I am really sorry that things didn't work out the way you wanted. Just remember things happen for a reason even though we might not understand why.

Wow Optimistic. That has got to be one of the crappiest things I have ever heard. When I saw your post I went running back to my letter to make sure it actually had my name on it. I am so sorry! The news itself is bad enough, but the last 2 days must have been just awful for you. I know how every moment of every day has been agony when I have been expecting vet school news, or waiting for something to happen that is vet school related. I am glad that you have another option, though. And you will always have an amazing story along the lines of "you'll never guess what happened to me." Best of luck to you!!

OMG Optimistic I am so sorry!! That sucks! I was thinking of you all weekend, just remember, it will be all right!!

I am relieved myself though, because my acceptance packet came in the mail today!

:D Thanks 3dogsand2cats!! Congratulations to you as well!!! We are going to be classmates!!! :D

Congrats Pythonchick! That's amazing. So, maybe there is some hope for me as well!

so...if i haven't gotten a letter does that mean i wasn't accepted? ie...did they send acceptance letters before rejection letters?

Thank you all for the kind words. They have really made me feel better. I really do think that everything happens for a reason, and I can consider myself lucky that I still have a great school to go to!
They called me again this afternoon to apologize and let me know that they were looking into the situation. Apparently our VMCAS ID's differed by only one number, so they think that VMCAS got them mixed up and sent them the wrong address for the other person. Oh well... congratulations to all of you who got in, I'm so happy that all of us will be taking the next step to accomplish our dreams next year!!

how do they know it wasn't the whole wrong application?

What is everyone going to do for housing? I plan on buying, was thinking a 3 bed room to share with a roommate.

I like the little 2 bedroom I share with my boytoy. I can walk to main campus. It's cheap, but nice! Walking distance from a good sushi-thai place and across the street from a bike trail that goes around lake johnson. Access to a few Wolfline bus stops, which I use frequently. Couldn't ask for much else. Will probably move a bit farther away into a nicer place when he graduates though.

Anyone else make a lot more facebook friends today? lol

so...if i haven't gotten a letter does that mean i wasn't accepted? ie...did they send acceptance letters before rejection letters?

Yes, they sent the admit letters first. I just spoke to the admissions offc and they sent out all admission letters last Friday. Waitlist letters went out yesterday and the not selected letters are going out in today's mail--so everyone's getting a letter and the wait will soon be over.

Yeah I am looking to buy a house as well. I will be bringing one of my three dogs and both cats. My fiancé will keep the others until he can join me. (it will be around a year before he can get transfered I am sure) I can't wait to meet all of you on the 27th.... I still wake up and I am wonder if this was all a dream. I have to pinch myself to make sure!

Yeah I am looking to buy a house as well. I will be bringing one of my three dogs and both cats. My fiancé will keep the others until he can join me. (it will be around a year before he can get transfered I am sure) I can't wait to meet all of you on the 27th.... I still wake up and I am wonder if this was all a dream. I have to pinch myself to make sure!

I still don't have any information on the 27th. Am I missing something?

No I called Ms. Tammy personally. I had to find out for sure b/c I needed to go ahead and fine someone to cover my shift. They are sending out the information in an email after everyone has had a chance to get their acceptance packets per Ms. Tammy.

Do you know anymore detail? I will be at a conference that weekend and can't see cancelling unless I really have to.

Honestly I don't ... Ms. Tammy was going to give me more info but her computer was down. Give her a call if you want to. She was really nice and informative over the phone.

I am so excited!!! I live in a middle of the road townhouse complex about five minutes by car from the Vet School. It is a smaller complex, so though it does house some undergraduates it is relatively quite. It allows pets, but with a two per unit limit and a rather hefty fee (the reason I don't have a dog just yet). I like it here, and will be staying here at least one more year. My current roomie will be a senior in pre vet undergrad next year. Not sure what I will do after that. Here is the info on Welcome Weekend posted by one of our classmates on Facebook:

1:30p-4:00p
Tour of the CVM by class of 2012
V.E.T.S. fittings for lab coat/scrubs/coveralls/etc

4:00p-6:00p
Class of 2013 Reception, mix-and-mingle with admitted students and faculty/staff/current students

8:00p Informal social event with class of 2012 at Buckhead Saloon in Raleigh if you are up for it.

I don't know much about any of it, since it isn't my information.

Oh this is very exciting... I need to update my facebook and join the group I am such a slacker LOL

Tammy is very nice. Everyone in that office is. I had difficulty with my immunization records, it student health, so I was in there today. More info: we should be getting info on welcome weekend tomorrow, and scholarship info + deposit info + unity ID info (if you aren't already a NCSU student) by the end of next week.

Hey everyone! I'll be joining you all at NC State next year. Does anyone know if there is a Facebook group already made for members of the class of 2013? Where is this Facebook stuff everyone keeps talking about? I'd like to get to know all of my future classmates, but I can't find a group!

The Facebook group is NCSU CVM Class of 2013. I found it searching for CVM. Congratulations!!

Anyone know what texts are required first term? Could we go ahead and start obtaining those?

Can't wait for welcome reception, graduation day, veg-out in front of the tv, ahhh!:)

I am still waiting to hear from them, which is probably a bad sign. I am an in state applicant. Has anyone in state been waitlisted/rejected yet or know of any in state applicants who have been waitlisted or rejected this week?:(

Hi Shootingstar! I just found out that I have been waitlisted today. They waitlist 12 students and last year 8 of the 12 were admitted. There is no rank. Here is to being optimistic for me!! Whooo. Good luck to you as well.

I've been wondering about this. I'm an oos student on the waitlist. How does this work? Do they just draw names randomly?

Hi Shootingstar! I just found out that I have been waitlisted today. They waitlist 12 students and last year 8 of the 12 were admitted. There is no rank. Here is to being optimistic for me!! Whooo. Good luck to you as well.

ugh. why am i worrying so much?! i'm excited and really nervous at the same time