NC State Admits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i will look at the link later (cuz i plan on going back to bed!) but i have a few friends that eventually got into State wanting to do public health.....basically they were rejected a few times and were told that they could just as easily go to graduate school for it

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a out-of-state too and got accepted!!!!!! :)))))))

SO i wrote up on another thread that one of my IS friends got rejected. But I haven't seen or heard about anybody else who was IS getting knocked out of the running. Has anyone heard anything lately? I just figured they would be sending out rejection letters by now! Maybe not, I am just antsy. :bang:

SO i wrote up on another thread that one of my IS friends got rejected. But I haven't seen or heard about anybody else who was IS getting knocked out of the running. Has anyone heard anything lately? I just figured they would be sending out rejection letters by now! Maybe not, I am just antsy. :bang:
I have heard of a few people who got early rejections for various reasons in late January, but nothing since then. I think the March 13-15 time line that posts on this forum indicate for previous years should hold true for the final batch of acceptances/rejections. I know they got acceptance letter to the Food Animal Scholars (they get early admission letters) at the middle of last week, and that usually happens 2-3 weeks before normal letters.

I have heard of a few people who got early rejections for various reasons in late January, but nothing since then. I think the March 13-15 time line that posts on this forum indicate for previous years should hold true for the final batch of acceptances/rejections. I know they got acceptance letter to the Food Animal Scholars (they get early admission letters) at the middle of last week, and that usually happens 2-3 weeks before normal letters.

Is it possible to share some of the reasons for the early rejection letters? Did the letters really state why they were rejected?

I do not know the reason for some of the early rejection letters. I know one person hadn't gotten them some form of paperwork but I also know that was not the case with another person.

ITS finally MARCH yeah! :D Now its time to start checking our mailboxes.. NC state doesn''t do phone calls right? Just snailmail !?!? :confused:

I am so glad it is March too. I am trying to keep myself distracted for the next two weeks by volunteering more. I have vowed to begin stalking the mail man after the 13th. I am so ready to see how my future is going to unfold opening that letter. I beleive I recall from a previous post that IS applicants are notified via snail mail.

Best of luck to everyone else waiting as well. I hope we all get accepted. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I empathize fully!

I am headed up to clicker expo on March 26th to spend lots of time with good friends to either celebrate or commiserate!

ok NCSU CVM, i would really appreciate you not sending me all these emails making your school sound even more awesome unless it's a hint that i got accepted. k? thx

Dear NCSU,

While I love hearing about how well everyone at NCSU is doing, I would really like to hear about how well I will be doing there this fall. There are several inches of snow outside, and I would love to have a good reason to run outside and make a snow angel before it all dissappears. Please, I have lived in 5 states with vet schools, but have waited for this opportunity, this relocation, to apply; I am ready mentally, physically, and financially to become a veterinarian.

Sincerly,
the non-traditional applicant

Last edited:
In response to Ivylynx:

What emails have you been getting? I have only received a financial aid one.

Have you been getting the emails that start with 'NC State CVM News'? I got emails #9 and #10 of those today. I usually get them 2 or 3 at a time for some reason. They were 'Dean Arden Named President-elect of AAVMC' and 'Dr. Horowitz on Jimmy V Cancer Training Program'

Have you been getting the emails that start with 'NC State CVM News'? I got emails #9 and #10 of those today. I usually get them 2 or 3 at a time for some reason. They were 'Dean Arden Named President-elect of AAVMC' and 'Dr. Horowitz on Jimmy V Cancer Training Program'

How odd. I actually got these emails on Friday. I wonder if they release them in batches?

Oh, Yes..I got those awhile ago. I don't know if that has to do with admissions though. I was rejected last year and received no news from them through email, but I started getting NCSU news in September. So, I don't know if has to do with admissions. Did you get the financial aid one in the beginning of Feb?

I think the last ones I got were #9 and #10 about a month or 2 ago! This is so weird.

I got the financial aid email when everyone else did. Hopefully it is was an issue due to cyber space. It is weird.

I am so READY to get some news. If I do not hear something by the 13th, I will probably email them to make sure my mailman did not bury the mail in his back yard. (Which did happen a few years ago.)

I think there is a welcome weekend in March, so we should be hearing something soon.

I think that it is the 27th. (I could be wrong.) I remember Jeffery Huckle mentioned it in one of the admissions sessions as well.

Our mail man was arrested becasue he buried "junkmail" in his back yard for 3 years. I am not sure how much time he got for it. I was ok without the extra paper to shred. Of course, one man's junk is another's treasure.

I hope so...I have to assist in presentations at a seminar that weekend. If I am in, I don't need any help deciding...just show me the dotted line and how much to write the check for.

If I do not hear something by the 13th, I will probably email them to make sure my mailman did not bury the mail in his back yard. (Which did happen a few years ago.)
quote]

Hahaha, I'd really like to hear that story! :laugh:
I did some past NCSU thread stalking, and looks like last year they sent acceptance letters out on Monday of the second week in March, and waitlist/rejection letters soon after that. So hopefully we'll hear by around next Thursday or Friday! :xf:

Next Thursday or Friday..... Yeah about time I can't wait :D

I think that it is the 27th. (I could be wrong.) I remember Jeffery Huckle mentioned it in one of the admissions sessions as well.
quote]

That's correct! Hope to see all of you there :luck: And, yes, there may be people who are still undecided; we will do our best to impress you all, decided or not, with the greatness of ncsu cvm! You will love it as much as the current first years! We are so excited to meet you all!

the class list has been finalized. my research mentor asked one of the adcoms if i had gotten in, but he wouldn't reveal the info.... which makes me think it was bad news.

then my mentor proceeded to tell me about an applicant that reminded him of me who DIDN'T get in. yay!

the class list has been finalized. my research mentor asked one of the adcoms if i had gotten in, but he wouldn't reveal the info.... which makes me think it was bad news.

then my mentor proceeded to tell me about an applicant that reminded him of me who DIDN'T get in. yay!

Now I am super anxious to get some mail. Thanks for the update. I would love to get a letter this Sat., but that may be a bit too early. I have mentally prepared myself for news by the 13th.

Stay encouraged IvyLynx. It is not over until it is over.

Now I am super anxious to get some mail. Thanks for the update. I would love to get a letter this Sat., but that may be a bit too early. I have mentally prepared myself for news by the 13th.

Stay encouraged IvyLynx. It is not over until it is over.

Good luck to everyone! I am from Apex, too! Do you live near 55?

Maybe he didn't want to tell you because it is good news and wanted you to be really excited when you got the mail!!!!

I wish all of us :luck: to get in! :)

Good luck to everyone! I am from Apex, too! Do you live near 55?

Small World! I live near the Wendy's off 64 (and Lake Pine) and I am really close to downtown. Wouldn't it be cool if we were sitting beside each other in a few months?!

Best of luck to everyone.

Small World! I live near the Wendy's off 64 (and Lake Pine) and I am really close to downtown. Wouldn't it be cool if we were sitting beside each other in a few months?!

Best of luck to everyone.

That is like 5 minutes from me. My mom actually lives off S. Salem st. I live in Mebane currently, but would me moving back to the area if I get in. :). Good luck!

Holy cow, I'm so anxious. This wait has been killer difficult. Good luck to everyone! Sounds like we'll all be hearing soon. :)

And did he/she mention when they would be sending out letters?

And did he/she mention when they would be sending out letters?

Hopefully it will be soon. Or else I fear my mailman will think I am stalking him;) LOL I am keeping my fingers crossed for all of us :xf:

I hope well get in too! :) Gotta stay positive, right?

Yes, he works at the vet school. Nope, didn't say anything about when the letter will be mailed. I would assume early next week at the latest.

I have to call him later actually. I don't know how busy he'll be, but I'll try to squeeze in a question about the letters.

Okay, so it's MOSTLY finalized. They have the list made, but they are meeting again next week. He said everything is 99.9% sure, but they're going to meet again anyway. Since they are meeting again he said to give them another 2 weeks to get the letters to us. Didin't know whether they were meeting at the beginning or end of the week. If they send them out at the beginning we might have them by the end of next week though.

Let you know if I find out anything else!

Ahhhh! I can hardly wait. That could mean we have to wait until the 20th! It feels like that is so long.....

Okay, so it's MOSTLY finalized. They have the list made, but they are meeting again next week. He said everything is 99.9% sure, but they're going to meet again anyway. Since they are meeting again he said to give them another 2 weeks to get the letters to us. Didin't know whether they were meeting at the beginning or end of the week. If they send them out at the beginning we might have them by the end of next week though.

Let you know if I find out anything else!

I hate to contradict what sounds like information from a good, reliable source. I heard today, however, from a friend who contacted the Vet School via email to ask when letters would be mailed. The response she got was that they would be sent out 'Today (Friday) and early next week.' I am hoping for sooner, rather than later, but either way the exhaustive wait continues!!

The list must have been finalized and the letters mailed, because I got my acceptance letter today!!! The letter was dated 3/5, post marked 3/6. I am in the Charlotte area. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

yay! congrats!

i dunno why they would be meeting next week then; maybe they need to work on the waitlist?

whatever. fingers crossed everyone :)