NC State University c/o 2026 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NCSU CVM

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Class of 2026 Applicants! This is the Student Services Office for the College of Veterinary Medicine. As you begin the application process, leave any questions you may have here and we will do our best to get them answered. You are also encouraged to review admissions requirements at the NC State CVM web site.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I will apply next cycle but I am trying to have an insight of the whole application process ahead. I noticed that we need to write supplemental essay for NCSU, so I'm wondering if there's any chance that the essay prompts from the previous years can be found? I know the prompts maybe different each year, but just want to have an insight! Thank you!

Hi! I will apply next cycle but I am trying to have an insight of the whole application process ahead. I noticed that we need to write supplemental essay for NCSU, so I'm wondering if there's any chance that the essay prompts from the previous years can be found? I know the prompts maybe different each year, but just want to have an insight! Thank you!
The essay questions ask applicants their thoughts on current events in veterinary medicine, diversity, culture, teamwork, ethics, etc. Unfortunately, we don't share the questions outside of the supplemental application.

We appreciate your interest in our program and look forward to receiving your application in the future.

Members don't see this ad :)
When selecting prerequisite courses on VMCAS, what if we retook the course? Do we select both attempts? Even if it is at two different universities?

When selecting prerequisite courses on VMCAS, what if we retook the course? Do we select both attempts? Even if it is at two different universities?
Yes, please select both attempts (regardless of institutions) as they are calculated into the Required Course GPA.

Hi! Wondering when the next upcoming information session will be? Is it virtual or in person? Really looking forward to it. Thank you!

ATTENTION PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS

Here is a link if you want to register for an online session this summer.

Also, here is the YouTube link to the student tour video of the NC State CVM campus.

Hi! Wondering when the next upcoming information session will be? Is it virtual or in person? Really looking forward to it. Thank you!
We will host one this Thursday, June 10 at 2pm. All sessions this summer will be online. Please see my recent post containing the registration link and a link to a video tour of the campus.

College of Veterinary Medicine Information Sessions​

Prospective Students​

An admissions representative will present a 30 minute live admissions information session and there will be time at the end for Q&A. A Zoom meeting link will be provided once you register.

Sessions inform prospective applicants of the criteria for admission to the College of Veterinary Medicine and present tips on how to submit a strong application for admissions consideration.

Please use link to select an available date below to register.

If you have any questions, please email us at: [email protected].

Thank you for your interest in the College of Veterinary Medicine at NC State!

We will host one this Thursday, June 10 at 2pm. All sessions this summer will be online. Please see my recent post containing the registration link and a link to a video tour of the campus.
Thank you so much!

Thank you for your interest in the College of Veterinary Medicine at NC State for the 2022 admissions cycle / Class of 2026!

You can learn more about our admissions requirements and the application process here.

In addition to the VMCAS application, we also require a supplemental application. The supplemental application is not yet available. When it becomes available, access to the supplemental application will be emailed to you once you have submitted and paid your VMCAS application fee and your VMCAS status is updated to "received", "complete", or "verified". This is not immediate and can take up to 72 business hours. You will receive an email from NC State instructing you to create an account. Once the account has been created, you will be able to access the supplemental application. The supplemental application deadline is September 30, 2021 at 1:00pm.

On Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 1pm EST, we will be hosting a "Before You Hit Submit" information session for all current applicants. This session will cover admissions requirements and important information about the application process. If you are interested in attending the session, please click here to register.

Stay up to date with all of the exciting things happening at the CVM by visiting our website!

Wishing you all the best in the 2022 admissions cycle!

Last edited:
REMINDER - The VMCAS application for the 2022 cycle closes two months from today: September 15, 2021 at 11:59pm.

If you haven't already, please start your application!

Members don't see this ad :)
I understand it is highly recommended 2/3 LOR come from DVMs or PhD scientists you worked with. If you conducted research with a PhD candidate would that qualify?

REMINDER
On Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 1pm EST, we will be hosting a "Before You Hit Submit" information session for all current applicants. This session will cover admissions requirements and important information about the application process. If you are interested in attending the session, please click here to register.

Stay up to date with all of the exciting things happening at the CVM by visiting our website!

Wishing you all the best in the 2022 admissions cycle!

The NC State CVM is thrilled to share that our interactive, virtual tour pages are now live!

As you'll see, these sites are a combination of 3-D camera tours that we worked on with our University partners last summer, along with student tour guide videos we created and other key text and photos.

Here is the link directly to the CVM section: College of Veterinary Medicine, Centennial Biomedical Campus | NC State University

Here is the link directly to the Veterinary Hospital section: NC State Veterinary Hospital, Centennial Biomedical Campus | NC State University

And here is a link to show where it's all nested together on the main Biomedical Campus page: Centennial Biomedical Campus | NC State University

Our pages are part of a bigger NC State virtual tour project that allows people to get an immersive, digital experience of our University without stepping on campus. All of the pages are hosted on this main NC State site: Welcome to NC State Virtual Tour | NC State University

Please enjoy!

VMCAS DEADLINE UPDATE
2021-2022 VMCAS Application Cycle is now Open
Programs Available: May 12 | Deadline: Wednesday, September 29, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time for all applicants.

NC STATE SUPPLEMENTAL DEADLINE UPDATE
The deadline has been extended to accommodate the VMCAS deadline.
Deadline: Wednesday, October 13, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time for all applicants.

2022 ADMISSIONS CYCLE ADVISORY
If you already have an established account and password with our admissions systems (ex- you applied previously), you can complete the veterinary school supplemental application by accessing your existing account by clicking here.

Please do this after your VMCAS application for the 2022 admissions cycle has been loaded as verified.

The application deadline is Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 1:00PM ET. You will need to submit the completed application by the posted deadline in order to be considered for admission.

Once you login to your account, a link for your 'Vet' application will be visible.

If you have questions about the application, please contact our office at <[email protected]>.

TAKE A VIRTUAL VISIT
The NC State CVM is thrilled to share that our interactive, virtual tour pages are now live!

As you'll see, these sites are a combination of 3-D camera tours that we worked on with our University partners last summer, along with student tour guide videos we created and other key text and photos.

Here is the link directly to the CVM section: College of Veterinary Medicine, Centennial Biomedical Campus | NC State University

Here is the link directly to the Veterinary Hospital section: NC State Veterinary Hospital, Centennial Biomedical Campus | NC State University

And here is a link to show where it's all nested together on the main Biomedical Campus page: Centennial Biomedical Campus | NC State University

Our pages are part of a bigger NC State virtual tour project that allows people to get an immersive, digital experience of our University without stepping on campus. All of the pages are hosted on this main NC State site: Welcome to NC State Virtual Tour | NC State University

Please enjoy!

REMINDER
The NC State supplemental application deadline is Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 1:00PM ET. You will need to submit the completed application by the posted deadline in order to be considered for admission.

If you have questions about the application, please contact our office at <[email protected]>.

ADVISORY
The NC State supplemental application deadline closed yesterday, Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 1:00PM Eastern Time Zone.

We are unable to grant time extensions to submit the application.

All applicants received an extra two weeks this year due to the AAVMC's deadline extension to accommodate those impacted by Hurricane Ida.

ADVISORY
The NC State supplemental application deadline closed yesterday, Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 1:00PM Eastern Time Zone.

We are unable to grant time extensions to submit the application.

All applicants received an extra two weeks this year due to the AAVMC's deadline extension to accommodate those impacted by Hurricane Ida.
Have application numbers for this year been determined yet? As in, how many IS vs OOS applications have been received?

Have application numbers for this year been determined yet? As in, how many IS vs OOS applications have been received?
Out-of-state - 1364
In-state - 222
*These figures are subject to change as some applications are still being vetted for residency status.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone! Have receipt of credentials emails been sent out to anyone yet? If not, is there a timeframe for when those will be emailed to in-state applicants? Thanks!

Hey everyone! Have receipt of credentials emails been sent out to anyone yet? If not, is there a timeframe for when those will be emailed to in-state applicants? Thanks!
Based on last year's thread, IS students were notified around the first week of March that they met all requirements and were moving to committee review.

When should OOS state applicants expect to hear back about a decision?

OOS student who just received their receipt of credentials email!

Reactions: 2 users
Out-of-state - 1364
In-state - 222
*These figures are subject to change as some applications are still being vetted for residency status.
On average, how many applications are lost due to disqualifications such as GPA, experiences etc?

Reading the threads from 2024, OOS found out in December but from 2025 they found out in February. When would we likely find out?
I also highly recommend reading the the past NC threads since there were some great hints given from NC about the day applicants would find out. A lot of great memes from admissions office!

Where should I send my summer transcript? I see it's due tomorrow and I have the ability to send it through Student Clearinghouse but I want to ensure it will be sent to the correct place.

Where should I send my summer transcript? I see it's due tomorrow and I have the ability to send it through Student Clearinghouse but I want to ensure it will be sent to the correct place.
NOTE: Summer transcripts only need to be sent if the grade wasn't posted on an earlier submission of the transcript.

Send by mail to:
NC State University - CVM
Student Services Office
1060 William Moore Drive, Box 8401
Raleigh, NC 27607

Send by email to: [email protected]

@NCSU CVM Any chance we can have a hint as to what month decisions will be released?
^^ I fervently second this suggestion!

Safe For Work Dog GIF

• Love
Do we send transcripts for fall? I will be finishing my self paced nutrition course and public speaking course in the spring (so I won't have transcripts for them yet) but I also am in an MS program so I have non-prerequisits to report.
Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 2.34.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 2.35.38 PM.png

Do we send them or wait until we hear back about our status, the website was a bit confusing as one part says if you're accepted or waitlisted and another says if you're taking coursework at all.

Do we send transcripts for fall? I will be finishing my self paced nutrition course and public speaking course in the spring (so I won't have transcripts for them yet) but I also am in an MS program so I have non-prerequisits to report.
View attachment 346758View attachment 346759
Do we send them or wait until we hear back about our status, the website was a bit confusing as one part says if you're accepted or waitlisted and another says if you're taking coursework at all.
They normally don’t send out decisions until mid-February so as an applicant, send a transcript by that deadline.

Are able to tell us the final numbers of applicants? If they’re not completely vetted for requirements, a date for this?

If we completed required coursework this fall, do we send our official transcripts to NC state or NC State University College of Veterinary Medicine?

Does anyone know if there will be an admitted/waitlisted visiting day?
Thanks!

I just received the admissions update. Is this previous round where people significantly get cut, or is it just making sure you meet the requirements to apply?

I just received the admissions update. Is this previous round where people significantly get cut, or is it just making sure you meet the requirements to apply?
Oh no -- I did not receive an email yet. :( Did other people receive this also?

Oh no -- I did not receive an email yet. :( Did other people receive this also?
I received an update Dec. 15th that my my application had proceeded to review with the faculty committee. I’m OOS. It was in my spam folder. If you look at their timeline it lines up with what’s on there.