NC State University c/o 2026 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received an update Dec. 15th that my my application had proceeded to review with the faculty committee. I’m OOS. It was in my spam folder. If you look at their timeline it lines up with what’s on there.
I am also oos and I didn't receive that email. I guess that's bad news.

Members don't see this ad.

@NCSU CVM If we are OOS and did not receive an email that our application has moved to committee review, does that indicate a rejection?

Reactions: 1 user
I just received the admissions update. Is this previous round where people significantly get cut, or is it just making sure you meet the requirements to apply?
If you do not mind sharing, what exactly did the email say?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you do not mind sharing, what exactly did the email say?
Subject: NC State CVM: Applicant Status Update

December 15, 2021

Dear XXXX:

As an applicant to the NC State CVM for the 2022 admissions cycle, we would like to update you on the status of your application.

Your application has moved forward to the next stage of review with the Faculty Committee on Admissions.

We anticipate the review process to continue through the next several months with decision letters being released on or before
April 1, 2022 (no exact date is available).

As a reminder, transcripts (only if you took classes) for courses completed during the fall 2021 semester are due by
February 1, 2022. If you sent your transcripts but have not received a confirmation email, please follow-up with us.

Transcripts can be mailed to:

College of Veterinary Medicine
Student Services Office
1060 William Moore Drive, Box 8401
Raleigh, NC 27607

Student Services is also able to accept official transcripts sent electronically. If this is an option for the issuing institution, please order your official transcript and have it sent electronically to: [email protected].

We will retrieve a certified PDF of your transcript when it is sent to us.

As you await your admission decision, if you plan on applying for financial aid (scholarships, grants, loans), we encourage you to complete the FAFSA. Our FAFSA Institutional Code is 002972.

Your continued interest in NC State University is appreciated.

Best wishes,

NC State University - CVM
Student Services Office
1060 William Moore Drive, Box 8401
Raleigh, NC 27607

919.513.6262 phone
919.513.6197 fax

Did anyone else OOS not receive that email?

Me neither!

I didn’t get the email either. At least I have a little over a month to prepare for the rejection, right? *cries inside*

Don’t loose faith!!
Just be sure to check spam and trash. Mine was tucked away in there.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also haven't received an email. It's making me anxious that my chances are shot now, but the timeline does say subject to change and has OOS decisions out by Jan 31st which sounds unlikely since now they are saying by April 1st because of the huge number of applications... So maybe they're still working on the initial OOS review and more of us will be advancing to committee review soon? My fingers are crossed at least.

@NCSU CVM any word on whether all eligible OOS applicants have been moved to committee review already?

Edit: I also received my "receipt of credentials" email on November 19th (which is after when the timeline seemed to predict it) and it says "The transcript and credential review process will take several months," so maybe there's still a chance we can get moved to committee review since it's only been 1 month?

I also haven't received an email. It's making me anxious that my chances are shot now, but the timeline does say subject to change and has OOS decisions out by Jan 31st which sounds unlikely since now they are saying by April 1st because of the huge number of applications... So maybe they're still working on the initial OOS review and more of us will be advancing to committee review soon? My fingers are crossed at least.

@NCSU CVM any word on whether all eligible OOS applicants have been moved to committee review already?

Edit: I also received my "receipt of credentials" email on November 19th (which is after when the timeline seemed to predict it) and it says "The transcript and credential review process will take several months," so maybe there's still a chance we can get moved to committee review since it's only been 1 month?
Yeah I’m thinking we could still hear back between now and January because the receipt of credentials was sent a month after the timeline. My guess is they’re behind but are sending the emails out in waves as they get through them

Yeah I’m thinking we could still hear back between now and January because the receipt of credentials was sent a month after the timeline. My guess is they’re behind but are sending the emails out in waves as they get through them
Yeah and I think since they are on break now, we might not hear back until the first week of January.

Oh no! I did not mean to frazzle everyone. I assumed we all got the email at the same time. I received mine today and another person said December 15th, so maybe they are doing them individually or in small waves! I highly doubt it means anything about decisions considering it says faculty review still has to take place.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the email that my application moved forward to the next stage of review!

I am also in state and have only gotten an email regarding financial aid on the 10th of December since applying... has anyone else who applied IS received a receipt of credentials or anything?

Sweet! When did they send you your receipt? I haven't heard anything back regarding that. 😕
(OOS) I got a receipt of credentials before the financial aid email (like nov 19), but haven't gotten anything since then

Second time IS applicant here. Last time I got the receipt of credentials in October, this year I haven’t gotten anything and I wasn’t sure what this means

Second time IS applicant here. Last time I got the receipt of credentials in October, this year I haven’t gotten anything and I wasn’t sure what this means
Same boat here. Glad to know I'm not the only one confused by this!

(OOS) I got a receipt of credentials before the financial aid email (like nov 19), but haven't gotten anything since then
Same. Received my receipt of credentials email Nov 19 and financial aid reminder email Dec 10.

Hey! I'm a current second year at NCSU, so feel free to reach out if you have any questions!

How do you like it?! What made you choose NCSU over other schools?
I really enjoy it! It's my in-state school, but it has always been one of my top choices even before I moved to NC. They have a very strong zoo/exotics program, which I like, but no matter what focus area you pick, it's very easy to get hands-on experience. And I love that the school is on a working farm (which is part of our curriculum!). The professors are all wonderful and really want you to succeed.

Reactions: 2 users
From what I’ve read from last year’s thread, no news is good news! They probably send those emails out in waves, as they make sure we meet the minimum requirements to be considered for admission. Congratulations to those who received that email and fingers crossed for others (like me) who are eagerly waiting! :)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I'm OOS and just got the email! I'm not entirely sure what getting the email "means" but doesn't look like its an indication of acceptance, just not a rejection. Does anyone know more about this based on previous cycles?

I'm OOS and just got the email! I'm not entirely sure what getting the email "means" but doesn't look like its an indication of acceptance, just not a rejection. Does anyone know more about this based on previous cycles?
Basically means you met the minimum requirements for the committee to review your application. A lot of applicants are kicked out in the beginning for missing the GPA, experience or recommendation letter qualifications. Now that they have all the ones who met the minimum requirements, they evaluate that pool of applicants for final admissions decisions

I'm also still waiting on the email that I've moved into committee review.
I’m still waiting as well. I go to NCSU undergrad but am OOS. I feel like there isn’t a certain release time with these emails in large groups, kinda seems a bit random

Do you guys know when OOS should hear back for acceptance/rejection notification emails? I thought I saw January 31st but not sure if it could happen before or if it is definitely on that date

Do you guys know when OOS should hear back for acceptance/rejection notification emails? I thought I saw January 31st but not sure if it could happen before or if it is definitely on that date
I know that is the date listed on the website, but it seems to be closer to early-mid February.

Did you just send in your transcripts?

They had said earlier in this thread on or before April 1st. So it’ll probably be mid-February like the last two cycles!

I sent in my transcripts a couple weeks ago, and didn't get an email. Did everyone get something after sending transcripts?

I sent in my transcripts a couple weeks ago, and didn't get an email. Did everyone get something after sending transcripts?
I sent In mine a couple weeks ago and didn’t get anything!

I haven’t even sent mine in and got the email in December, so I don’t think there’s a correlation with that. :(

I haven’t even sent mine in and got the email in December, so I don’t think there’s a correlation with that. :(
Oh interesting! Hahah. I was looking back at last year's thread and looks like it did take them a while to look at transcripts, and they did also say no news is good news

Will my application be affected if I don't take a class that I had planned to take, and also put on my VMCAS/ supplemental application, this spring semester, as long as it is not a prerequisite?

Thanks!

Will my application be affected if I don't take a class that I had planned to take, and also put on my VMCAS/ supplemental application, this spring semester, as long as it is not a prerequisite?

Thanks!
That’s a good question but if I’m remembering correctly..when I applied during undergrad, it asked for your tentative spring schedule and I put the classes I thought I was taking however when I applied the second time, I went in and changed it to the classes I actually took. They weren’t prerequisites so I don’t think it really mattered