NC State University c/o 2027 Applicants

Started by NCSU CVM
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I’m a DVM-PhD applicant would I not hear about DVM admissions at this point? Just wondering if I missed an email.
 
OOS rejection due to my GPA not meeting the minimum qualifications. I have an interview with 4 others.......so that was kinda surprising to me.
Best of luck everyone!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS rejection. is there a way we can ask for an application “dissection” to see what were the weak points of our application? The email did not specify if you guys did that or not.
 
OOS acceptance!! I'm so excited and grateful, anyone else that was accepted please reach out to me! I would love to get to know y'all!
 
  • Like
Reactions: =w=
Are they sending out emails letting you know whether or not you've moved on to committee review this year?
All OOS applications have been reviewed and applicants have received notification of a decision. IS applications are under review with the admissions committee. IS applicants who didn't meet admission criteria have been notified.
 
All OOS applications have been reviewed and applicants have received notification of a decision. IS applications are under review with the admissions committee. IS applicants who didn't meet admission criteria have been notified.

How is OOS being notified, I have not heard anything yet.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What is the grading system at NC state? Is it pass/fail? I can’t find the information on the website.
All DVM courses are graded using a modified pass/fail system in which individual course grades are recorded as S=Satisfactory, M=Marginal, or U=Unsatisfactory (SMU).

SMU grade assignments are determined from the percentage of points earned in the class.

S/M/U GRADE ASSIGNMENTS
1N96aDSfJWiRajUN0Y-hAUvB_ZJYRFauDIBTkR2iNpsgaS2LDCutFuHL-t0ZVKXdAlP9ORfXXO4wDELenAXvsDCTlCCylK2DFPFFb4AFhA3ql97hENFtxBzrXNzEGnlEJBmCvmhLaSUB1SqVZLMbDA79ablvalEK_SQ2WFF6fp60gHNY7kAQrzm5QVePQw
 
All DVM courses are graded using a modified pass/fail system in which individual course grades are recorded as S=Satisfactory, M=Marginal, or U=Unsatisfactory (SMU).

SMU grade assignments are determined from the percentage of points earned in the class.

S/M/U GRADE ASSIGNMENTS
1N96aDSfJWiRajUN0Y-hAUvB_ZJYRFauDIBTkR2iNpsgaS2LDCutFuHL-t0ZVKXdAlP9ORfXXO4wDELenAXvsDCTlCCylK2DFPFFb4AFhA3ql97hENFtxBzrXNzEGnlEJBmCvmhLaSUB1SqVZLMbDA79ablvalEK_SQ2WFF6fp60gHNY7kAQrzm5QVePQw
Does NCSU CVM have valedictorians in the graduating class like do they give a speech at graduation or does the grading system not allow it?
 
The graduates vote on a student to give a speech on behalf of the class at graduation. Any member of the class is eligible to fill this role.
Also is there any type of ranking within the class? Wondering as to how no grade affects student when applying for internships/residency?
 
Also is there any type of ranking within the class? Wondering as to how no grade affects student when applying for internships/residency?
The college has developed a Dean’s Letter that lists a student's % score and course mean scores for courses that grade using a percentage of available points. This letter is made available upon a student request for applications for scholarships, awards, and other competitive positions that require evidence of academic merit.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What's the class size of class of 2027? Is it 100 or 120? Thank you🙂
 
Last edited:
If I am an OOS student but still haven't heard anything, what does that mean? It seems like other OOS students have already heard whether they got in or not.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad