NC State University c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If I’m a DVM-PhD applicant would I not hear about DVM admissions at this point? Just wondering if I missed an email.

Members don't see this ad.

OOS rejection due to my GPA not meeting the minimum qualifications. I have an interview with 4 others.......so that was kinda surprising to me.
Best of luck everyone!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS rejection due to my GPA not meeting the minimum qualifications. I have an interview with 4 others.......so that was kinda surprising to me.
Best of luck everyone!!!
Our admission criteria can be found here. Look under "Objective Criteria" for GPA requirements.

OOS rejection. is there a way we can ask for an application “dissection” to see what were the weak points of our application? The email did not specify if you guys did that or not.

Reactions: 1 users
just received an email from NCSU that my GPA does not meet the criteria so there’s my first official rejection! Best of luck to you all
It's my second but I got the same email. Best of luck!

OOS rejection also but in the email they stated there was nothing wrong with my application, just that it was so competitive!

Reactions: 1 users
OOS acceptance!! I'm so excited and grateful, anyone else that was accepted please reach out to me! I would love to get to know y'all!

Reactions: 1 user
OOS rejection. is there a way we can ask for an application “dissection” to see what were the weak points of our application? The email did not specify if you guys did that or not.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer individual post application review sessions.

• Sad
Are they sending out emails letting you know whether or not you've moved on to committee review this year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are they sending out emails letting you know whether or not you've moved on to committee review this year?
All OOS applications have been reviewed and applicants have received notification of a decision. IS applications are under review with the admissions committee. IS applicants who didn't meet admission criteria have been notified.

All OOS applications have been reviewed and applicants have received notification of a decision. IS applications are under review with the admissions committee. IS applicants who didn't meet admission criteria have been notified.
Thank you!

How is OOS being notified, I have not heard anything yet.

Can fall 2022 transcripts be sent to the email as a PDF file of the official transcript?

What is the grading system at NC state? Is it pass/fail? I can’t find the information on the website.

Can fall 2022 transcripts be sent to the email as a PDF file of the official transcript?
You can send official transcripts to the NC State CVM in one of two ways.

Electronically
[email protected]

Mail
NC State College of Veterinary Medicine
Student Services Office
1060 William Moore Drive, Box 8401
Raleigh, NC 27607

Fall 2022 transcripts are due February 1, 2023.

What is the grading system at NC state? Is it pass/fail? I can’t find the information on the website.
All DVM courses are graded using a modified pass/fail system in which individual course grades are recorded as S=Satisfactory, M=Marginal, or U=Unsatisfactory (SMU).

SMU grade assignments are determined from the percentage of points earned in the class.

S/M/U GRADE ASSIGNMENTS
1N96aDSfJWiRajUN0Y-hAUvB_ZJYRFauDIBTkR2iNpsgaS2LDCutFuHL-t0ZVKXdAlP9ORfXXO4wDELenAXvsDCTlCCylK2DFPFFb4AFhA3ql97hENFtxBzrXNzEGnlEJBmCvmhLaSUB1SqVZLMbDA79ablvalEK_SQ2WFF6fp60gHNY7kAQrzm5QVePQw

All DVM courses are graded using a modified pass/fail system in which individual course grades are recorded as S=Satisfactory, M=Marginal, or U=Unsatisfactory (SMU).

SMU grade assignments are determined from the percentage of points earned in the class.

S/M/U GRADE ASSIGNMENTS
1N96aDSfJWiRajUN0Y-hAUvB_ZJYRFauDIBTkR2iNpsgaS2LDCutFuHL-t0ZVKXdAlP9ORfXXO4wDELenAXvsDCTlCCylK2DFPFFb4AFhA3ql97hENFtxBzrXNzEGnlEJBmCvmhLaSUB1SqVZLMbDA79ablvalEK_SQ2WFF6fp60gHNY7kAQrzm5QVePQw
Does NCSU CVM have valedictorians in the graduating class like do they give a speech at graduation or does the grading system not allow it?

Does NCSU CVM have valedictorians in the graduating class like do they give a speech at graduation or does the grading system not allow it?
The graduates vote on a student to give a speech on behalf of the class at graduation. Any member of the class is eligible to fill this role.

The graduates vote on a student to give a speech on behalf of the class at graduation. Any member of the class is eligible to fill this role.
Also is there any type of ranking within the class? Wondering as to how no grade affects student when applying for internships/residency?

Also is there any type of ranking within the class? Wondering as to how no grade affects student when applying for internships/residency?
The college has developed a Dean’s Letter that lists a student's % score and course mean scores for courses that grade using a percentage of available points. This letter is made available upon a student request for applications for scholarships, awards, and other competitive positions that require evidence of academic merit.

Will IS students have a decision before the first admitted students event?

What's the class size of class of 2027? Is it 100 or 120? Thank you:)

Last edited:
Is there an estimated decision date for combine programs?
The combined program is currently in the process of selecting candidates that will receive interviews. There is no specific date, but there should be notification of whether or not an applicant was selected for an interview sometime this month.

Are you able to give an update as to which week IS will receive decisions?

If I am an OOS student but still haven't heard anything, what does that mean? It seems like other OOS students have already heard whether they got in or not.

What time of day or day of the week do they typically release admission decisions?

Last edited:
The wait is killing me haha, good luck to everyone who applied IS (or OOS waitlist)! Rooting for all you guys <3