NC State University c/o 2030 Applicants

Started by NCSU CVM
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you still think you want in to NCSU from OOS, I'd stay on the waitlist! A few of us are waiting on scholarship decisions before picking between our IS and NCSU!
Thank you for letting us waitlisters know! Someone on the forum last year said that NCSU over accepts OOS applicants which I’m skeptical about because it kinda defeats the purpose of a waitlist. Does that truly seem to be the case? Also, any idea (roughly) how many current accepted OOS students might be planning on going elsewhere?
 
Thank you for letting us waitlisters know! Someone on the forum last year said that NCSU over accepts OOS applicants which I’m skeptical about because it kinda defeats the purpose of a waitlist. Does that truly seem to be the case? Also, any idea (roughly) how many current accepted OOS students might be planning on going elsewhere?

Well, at least me and two others that I talked to. We're waiting on scholarships, and less-so, to tour other schools. NC State was absolutely amazing, the campus is just so neat, but the facts of being so far from family are hard to reconcile. So wrapping head around logistics and costs before choosing NCSU over in-state options. I'd say about 1/5 of the OOS I spoke with were considering elsewhere still. That's a ballpark. Did also seem like at least 25 OOS students were at the orientation event.
 
I'm confused about how to access the scholarships. Is my Unity ID the same as my NCSU student ID? And how do I get a password? It says to go to the Acceptance Form, but that only shows my NCSU student ID and my VMCAS ID.
Students need to use their Unity ID and not their Student ID number in this scenario. The student ID number will not allow you access to the platform.

You will find your Unity ID and temporary password by clicking the "I pledge to join" option in your acceptance letter and scrolling down (just don't click on submit at the bottom of the page). This will provide you access to the Unity ID and Student ID number.

The Unity ID is based on first initial, middle initial (if provided) and first six characters of the last name. It MAY contain a number if more than one person in the NC State community has the same first initial, middle initial and first six characters of the last name.

The Student ID is a randomly generated nine digit number that serves as your unique identifier at the university.

You do not have to officially submit the form and accept your offer to access this information or be eligible to apply (Do not click submit until you are ready to do so).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HI! I would be an OOS student for the class of 30' and I am having a hard time making my decision because of the limited information about the process to become and IS resident. I have read the RDS guidebook, but everything is very vague and I have met with an attorney that said also everything is very vague... I just really don't want to make a mistake. Looking for guidance, thank you.
 
HI! I would be an OOS student for the class of 30' and I am having a hard time making my decision because of the limited information about the process to become and IS resident. I have read the RDS guidebook, but everything is very vague and I have met with an attorney that said also everything is very vague... I just really don't want to make a mistake. Looking for guidance, thank you.
Are you part of the class of 2030 groupme? There are some current students in that group chat that can probably walk you through the process and their experience.
 
We are supposed to hear back about the scholarship application that was due on 3/2/26 before the 4/15/26 deadline, correct?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I still haven't heard anything about the application review session meeting, is that still happening? If so, is there a date for it yet?
 
For those wondering: "Admitted students that have been selected for scholarships have been notified and no additional awards will be made prior to the April 15 decision deadline for admitted applicants. There will not be an additional blanket email sent out to students that were not selected for an award during this scholarship review cycle."
 
Lord, if you love me…
IMG_7729.jpeg