NECO ADDITONAL FEES?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DecadoSlade

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I was hoping someone could help clarify something for me. As I was finishing applying on optomCAS, I noticed for NECO it asked if I had paid the supplemental fees, which I have not.

I was wondering:
1) is this fee different than the optomcas fee? Because there are two deposits and each of them are 1000 USD, which is gonna kill me as a Canadian
2) Is NECO the only school that does this? Because the other schools I am applying to (ICO, SUNY, BERKLEY, AND SALUS) do not mention any other fees

Thanks for the help

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Everyone,

I was hoping someone could help clarify something for me. As I was finishing applying on optomCAS, I noticed for NECO it asked if I had paid the supplemental fees, which I have not.

I was wondering:
1) is this fee different than the optomcas fee? Because there are two deposits and each of them are 1000 USD, which is gonna kill me as a Canadian
2) Is NECO the only school that does this? Because the other schools I am applying to (ICO, SUNY, BERKLEY, AND SALUS) do not mention any other fees

Thanks for the help
That fee is different from the OptomCAS fee, but it’s $65 USD for the NECO supplemental.

NECO is not the only school that does this, but out of your list I know ICO & SUNY have one. I don’t think Salus does. Also, ICO is the only one that I know of out of those where they invite you to fill the supp app and fee before interviewing.

supplemental.
That fee is different from the OptomCAS fee, but it’s $65 USD for the NECO supplemental.

NECO is not the only school that does this, but out of your list I know ICO & SUNY have one. I don’t think Salus does. Also, ICO is the only one that I know of out of those where they invite you to fill the supp app and fee before interviewing.

Do I get the deposit back at all? If I dont get accepted or accepted to another school? Because if that is two 1000 USD for each school then I will be paying 6000 in deposits?
That sounds ridiculous, doesnt it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do I get the deposit back at all? If I dont get accepted or accepted to another school? Because if that is two 1000 USD for each school then I will be paying 6000 in deposits?
That sounds ridiculous, doesnt it?
The deposits that you pay after acceptance? I don't know if you get those back or not (maybe you do since they're deposits for seats). The smaller supplemental fees you do not get back at all. Also, I don't think you should pay too many deposits. The $1000 deposit is for the school(s) that you get accepted to and plan to attend. You should really only pay the deposit for the school you want to attend, not for every school that you 'plan' on attending. Someone who knows more can clarify/correct me, but yeah. It does sound ridiculous, but doesn't have to be that way if you just focus on specific school(s). Also, I believe it's just $1000 deposit per school? Not two $1000 deposits. Sorry if that was too long or if any of it was incorrect. I'm in the process of figuring this stuff out too.

The deposits that you pay after acceptance? I don't know if you get those back or not (maybe you do since they're deposits for seats). The smaller supplemental fees you do not get back at all. Also, I don't think you should pay too many deposits. The $1000 deposit is for the school(s) that you get accepted to and plan to attend. You should really only pay the deposit for the school you want to attend, not for every school that you 'plan' on attending. Someone who knows more can clarify/correct me, but yeah. It does sound ridiculous, but doesn't have to be that way if you just focus on specific school(s). Also, I believe it's just $1000 deposit per school? Not two $1000 deposits. Sorry if that was too long or if any of it was incorrect. I'm in the process of figuring this stuff out too.
Thanks for your help! I was being an idiot yesterday, it was a long day lol. I read the deposit as being supplemental fees. So everything you said is correct. Sorry for wasting your time

Hey do any of you know what the refund policy for NECO's deposit is? I'm trying to figure it out online before calling but can't find it anywhere lol

Seems like you figured it out, but I agree with everything said.

Usually both the supplemental fees and deposit are non-refundable, so I agree you should only make a deposit to schools you really want to attend.
Berkeley will also have a supplemental fee.