Need Advice: DAT tomorrow!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lunel

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I would really like some advice. :( Tomorrow I am writing the Canadian DAT for the first time and I am completely unprepared (Note: I have written the American one before and scored TS 21/AA 20). I am taking 6 classes and since all my midterms aligned around this time, I prepared for those instead (my GPA matters most!). Now I am incredibly anxious for tomorrow and I am not sure whether to take it or not.

With the Canadian DAT, you cannot reschedule and its offered only twice a year, so I feel like I should just "try" it, despite knowing I will not do well. But I am also worried that it will look bad if schools see that I took the DAT three times (since I know this one will not be my best).

I have to write the cDAT for the Canadian schools I want to apply to. Im just stuck on whether to write the exam tomorrow, or just not show up and write it in November. Any advice is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Most schools take your best score (except waterloo takes the most recent). I am not aware of any limits on how many times you can take the test. I see no reason why you wouldn't take it.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I'll be writing the Canadian DAT tomorrow too & I'm expecting to bomb it probably worse than you. I've only covered 3 chapters in Barron's Bio so I'll essentially be doing all 40 questions blind, lol. And on top of that, I know for sure I won't be finishing the PAT section as my best time has been 75 min.

How will the dental schools know you wrote the DAT 3 times? For instance, if you apply to a Canadian school, and you wrote the American DAT 2 times and the Canadian DAT 1 time... and you decide to submit the Canadian DAT for application, how will they know you wrote the American DAT twice?