Need advice for Sophomore year and beyond

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mingos

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got my answer, thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Let's start off with increasing your GPA the next 2 years. Will it be easy? Obviously not, but if you want to be a competitive applicant you should stop taking it "slow". You need to start grinding As, especially in your prerequisites. Next, you're probably going to have to take two sciences per semester to finish and graduate on time. Gen chem and Bio aren't difficult, just wait for the MCAT =] .
You are behind, but don't be discouraged. You need to start taking initiative and taking your time more seriously. You should be studying efficiently every day. Read the books before lecture, learn it during lecture, study it after lecture using different sources of exposure. If school is your priority, then make it your priority.
For example, reading the book, then studying the slides your professor provides and then watching YouTube videos (KhanAcademy). Even if you aren't behind, feel and act behind. Trust me, your GPA matters a lot! Study the material well so you won't have to study content as much for the MCAT. I also suggest reading on your time off, an invaluable skill to acquire before the MCAT.
Stick to one major extracurricular and try to make it meaningful. You can gain clinical experience and do other extracurriculars in between semesters.

Reactions: 1 users
please please please focus on acing your classes FIRST. You can work on everything else later on, but fixing a bad GPA takes months and possibly years, and your bad grades never go away. They stay with you forever.

Reactions: 1 users