Need Advice- Navy HPSP AYS delay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Endoapp24

Do you feel lucky, punk?
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey SDN,

I've been fortunate enough to be accepted for the 4 year Navy HPSP scholarship! I was wondering, however, what the process of changing schools after I've submitted my AYS for another school entails? Would I be better served to just delay sending in my AYS (for another 2 weeks) until I know my status with my top choice school? While I fear that my scholarship will be revoked if I wait too long, I feel that my recruiter wont care anymore after I've submitted my AYS. I was notified by my recruiter that I was recommended on Jan. 30th.
Thanks in advance!
 
I'd just let him know that you intend to accept the current school unless the top choice accepts you. I wouldn't wait until you find out.

Thanks for the response. Do you know how hard it is to switch schools after I've submitted my AYS for another school?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the response. Do you know how hard it is to switch schools after I've submitted my AYS for another school?
Did you ever figure out how hard it is to switch? I am still waiting to hear back from UOP and if I get in I will also need to convert my 4 year to a 3 year some how