Need advice on study plan during dedicated period

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Laito

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I've been using zanki during M2 for each organ systems. However, I did not review any of those once I was done with the exam. During winter, I have completed pepper micro (80% mature) and pharm (50% mature). I have completed about 500 uworld questions with around 54% (I had much higher grade on micro and pharm once I finished pepper).

So, I'm going to have about 50 days to prepare for the exam, and I'm lost on how to prepare for exam. Do you think this sounds like a good plan?

Each day: 1. Keep doing pepper deck for micro and pharm 2. Watch B&B (only physio part) and read FA 3. Watch Sketchy path and do SALT deck. ( or should I do zanki pathoma decks , I have completed about 50% , but I haven't reviewed most of them) 4. Do ~50 Uworld questions and make Anki cards on important concept 5. Review Uworld anki cards 6. (Maybe do zanki biochem cards?? )

Complete ~4 NBME + 2 UW simulated exam

I guess my one of my major concern is, SketchyPath+ SALT deck vs Pathoma + Zanki. I'm a visual learner so Sketchy path seems to work and card amount seems more manageable (3500 vs 7000).

Also, I'm not sure how to tackle the physio portion. I don't think I will have time to go over all the zanki cards for those sections.

I would appreciate any help! Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

In a pretty similar boat as you. Find schedule out there that allows you to cover all systems 2-3 passes

As you said, watch BB in the mornings (maybe after you do 1-2 hours of sketchy/biochem) then do pathoma/sketchy. Finish all that by 3ish then do 2 sets of uworld.

I think you will recall most of physiology after watching BB without the need of doing zanki again. just make sure you do the questions in the evening based on the organ system. It should hit most of the physiology concepts. Do zanki during your second pass only for systems you did really poorly on the post-1st pass NBME

In a pretty similar boat as you. Find schedule out there that allows you to cover all systems 2-3 passes

As you said, watch BB in the mornings (maybe after you do 1-2 hours of sketchy/biochem) then do pathoma/sketchy. Finish all that by 3ish then do 2 sets of uworld.

I think you will recall most of physiology after watching BB without the need of doing zanki again. just make sure you do the questions in the evening based on the organ system. It should hit most of the physiology concepts. Do zanki during your second pass only for systems you did really poorly on the post-1st pass NBME
There are some really good visual study aids out there that I found saved me HOURS. Check out 'doctors notes medical biochemistry poster', it was one of my favorite resources for biochem.