Need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rehabie

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

I am a student from Canada, and I am thinking about going down to caribean to study medicine. I was wondering if anyone has any adivce for me on what problem I might encounter and what is required to go to there. (my GPA is 3.3 and MCAT 21)

Any response is greately appreciated.

Rehabie

Members don't see this ad.

With a 3.3 GPA, you're right in the correct range to get into a Caribbean school, but a 21 MCAT seems low. However, that doesn't mean that they won't accept you. Before you do head to an offshore school, take a look at my webpage to find out what procedures you must go through to get a residency in the US after finishing in a non-LCME approved school. I don't know what procedures are needed to do a residency in Canada, but I can't imagine that it's easy to achieve.

If you want an idea of what St George's and Grenada is like, check out my post on this site under the heading St George's. Or feel free to email me. I love talking about the Caribbean life and the experiences I've had.