Need feedback from IMGs going through Radiology Match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pineal101

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying for residency in radiology this year. I need feedback from IMGs who are going through match. Please comment on importance of following and what should you think matter more.

USMLE Scores
Research and No of papers
LORs (how many ideally? )
Electives
Contacts
Others

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

1. USMLE scores are the most important. You will most likely get filtered into the denied pile automatically if you don't meet the programs cutoff.

2. Possibly which international school you attended / how long you have been out of school potentially.

3. LORs next maybe. 99% of programs ask specifically for THREE. One being from a radiologist generally.

Everything you listed matters and almost all people applying will have strong LORS, good scores/grades, research +/- papers, etc. Good luck!

EDIT: Make sure to apply to LOTS of programs. I am an IMG matching this year and I applied to literally every radiology program in the universe.

1. USMLE scores are the most important. You will most likely get filtered into the denied pile automatically if you don't meet the programs cutoff.

2. Possibly which international school you attended / how long you have been out of school potentially.

3. LORs next maybe. 99% of programs ask specifically for THREE. One being from a radiologist generally.

Everything you listed matters and almost all people applying will have strong LORS, good scores/grades, research +/- papers, etc. Good luck!

EDIT: Make sure to apply to LOTS of programs. I am an IMG matching this year and I applied to literally every radiology program in the universe.

How is your experience going on so far? Are you from Europe or Asian region?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am applying for residency in radiology this year. I need feedback from IMGs who are going through match. Please comment on importance of following and what should you think matter more.

USMLE Scores
Research and No of papers
LORs (how many ideally? )
Electives
Contacts
Others

Thank you

https://canadianimgradiologyresidencymatch.wordpress.com/

Check this out. A relatively new Blog dedicated to IMG's interested in Radiology match!