Need help deciding Post-Bacc or Masters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

upwardtrendguy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
[Deleted]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
post-bacc. MD admissions won't care about good grad grades in your MS

I do feel like the trend might help OP. However that MCAT is not doing OP any favors.

OP, you are probably a decent candidate for DO . If you live in a kind state MD might be possible with a much better MCAT of 512+.

I would decide what you are aiming for, If MD you should do a few semesters of UG postbac to get your GPA up a little more and show that you can handle the classes. If you are going for DO just apply broadly and hope for the best as long as the rest of your app is on point.

Edit: Master's gpas are like the points on whose line is it anyway.

I do feel like the trend might help OP. However that MCAT is not doing OP any favors.

OP, you are probably a decent candidate for DO . If you live in a kind state MD might be possible with a much better MCAT of 512+.

I would decide what you are aiming for, If MD you should do a few semesters of UG postbac to get your GPA up a little more and show that you can handle the classes. If you are going for DO just apply broadly and hope for the best as long as the rest of your app is on point.

Edit: Master's gpas are like the points on whose line is it anyway.

Just want to clarify that this is for general/any master's program. And that OP isn't referring to an SMP, where the GPA in that does matter.