need help getting back on track...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Illstartmydiet2maro

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys. So I took my DAT last year and scored low. Like an 18AA 18TS 16QR 19CHEM/OCHEM. Applying this year was kind of a gamble for me. So as soon as i submitted my AADSAS in june, i immediately starting studying for my DAT retake. I did this so if i wasnt to get in, I would be ready for next years cycle...

Recently i have been getting back to back interviews from my top schools. I dont know how this happened and i am extremely grateful for the chance. however, it has thrown me off my DAT studying. I was on a strong start, but now with the interviews a part of me has gotten lazy, and hopeful. and im not motivated anymore to study. I am a worst case scenario type of person and allllllwaysss thinking of the future and paranoid so this is not like me. But i guess ive let the interviews get the best of me and im convinced i dont need to study for the DAT but i know this is wrong. my family and friends are all trying to help me get back into DAT routine but it just doesnt feel like im trying!!!!!

How do you guys recommend getting back on track? anyone experience this. ugh.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Why not just see what happens on December 1st and go from there? That’ll give you 6 months to study for the DAT if you need to and you might not have to spend $430 registering for another test. If you’ve already registered, maybe postpone it till after December? I feel like you’ll get motivation back if you know for sure what’ll happen with these interviews

Reactions: 4 users
Why not just see what happens on December 1st and go from there? That’ll give you 6 months to study for the DAT if you need to and you might not have to spend $430 registering for another test. If you’ve already registered, maybe postpone it till after December? I feel like you’ll get motivation back if you know for sure what’ll happen with these interviews

Agreed, Best of Luck!

Reactions: 1 user