Need help making a MCAT study plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedicalMermaid

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Here is some background info:
I will be graduating this month and am taking some pre-reqs before applying next cycle (May 2017). I am taking physics in the summer and OchemII in the fall because they were not offered together. I am also going to be shadowing during the summer and may be doing research in the fall.

I have never taken the MCAT so I was thinking that I should start preparing right away just so I don't get overwhelmed. Since I will be taking classes while also working on ECs, I was planning on self-studying rather than taking a class so I have enough time for everything. I am thinking of getting the Kaplan MCAT complete 7-book subject pack and taking practice exams as I go.
Do you think this would be a good plan? Any other suggestions for self-studying?

Also, when would be a good time to take the exam? I was originally thinking of taking it in September since that is the latest date for this year, but I will have just started OchemII. Would you suggest taking it next January instead or should I give the September one a try if I feel ready by then?

Thank you in advance!!

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry just adding another question. I plan to apply May 2017 as well but I wanted to take the MCAT by November. Is September the required date to take it by the latest if applying May 2017? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile