Need help!! Thanks guys!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

greentea093

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I just took the PCAT today and here is my score:

Bio 75
Chem 99
Critical reading 82
quant 53
Composite 91

I know i did terrible on the quant sec because the truth is i didn't study for it for even an hour!!
I got 4.0 in all my college calculus classes and i even took differential equation and linear algebra so I thought that section is a joke and i only studied for my bio and chem.
now i know that i made a terrible mistake. But do you guys think i should retake?
However, my dream school (UW) states the following on their website:
"applicants who have Chemistry PCAT scores greater than or equal to 60th percentile and scores greater than or equal to 25th percentile in the other areas of the PCAT may be given consideration for offer of interview. However, these minimum thresholds are subject to change. The PharmD Admissions Committee reserves the right of final decision with regard to establishing minimum standards for PCAT score thresholds for consideration of interview"
So according to this my score will guarantee my interview. But i am just worried. I want to apply for early admission and do you guys know if it is more or less competitive compare to regular admission? should i go ahead and schedule another PCAT before Dec so that if i didn't get in the early admission i still have a chance for the regular?
Thanks so much for your help. I really want to go to UW cuz i hate moving!!!! i know pcat is not the only factor but please advise me only on my pcat score. Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
I just took the PCAT today and here is my score:

Bio 75
Chem 99
Critical reading 82
quant 53
Composite 91

I know i did terrible on the quant sec because the truth is i didn't study for it for even an hour!!
I got 4.0 in all my college calculus classes and i even took differential equation and linear algebra so I thought that section is a joke and i only studied for my bio and chem.
now i know that i made a terrible mistake. But do you guys think i should retake?
However, my dream school (UW) states the following on their website:
"applicants who have Chemistry PCAT scores greater than or equal to 60th percentile and scores greater than or equal to 25th percentile in the other areas of the PCAT may be given consideration for offer of interview. However, these minimum thresholds are subject to change. The PharmD Admissions Committee reserves the right of final decision with regard to establishing minimum standards for PCAT score thresholds for consideration of interview"
So according to this my score will guarantee my interview. But i am just worried. I want to apply for early admission and do you guys know if it is more or less competitive compare to regular admission? should i go ahead and schedule another PCAT before Dec so that if i didn't get in the early admission i still have a chance for the regular?
Thanks so much for your help. I really want to go to UW cuz i hate moving!!!! i know pcat is not the only factor but please advise me only on my pcat score. Thanks!!
I would email UW and ask if your a competitive candidate compared to older stats. I know UW is very competitive, though your composite is really good. Did you take two biochem classes? I was going to apply to UW until I read that they require 2 biochem for majors and I only took elementary. This is the only school Ive seen that requires that much biochm or biochm in general.

I would email UW and ask if your a competitive candidate compared to older stats. I know UW is very competitive, though your composite is really good. Did you take two biochem classes? I was going to apply to UW until I read that they require 2 biochem for majors and I only took elementary. This is the only school Ive seen that requires that much biochm or biochm in general.
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I just emailed them and they say interview will be offered if i meet all other criteria. I was a biochem major so i didn't worry about the biochem prereq. Good luck to you.