NEED IMMEDIATE ADVICE -- job/money or school/love?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2009sf

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
okay, so i have a dillemma:

i'm trying to decide between two options:

1) full-time, one-year, lab tech position at west point military academy as a microbiology/human anatomy/physiology lab technician. make money, live at home. take physics at a community college.

2) focus only on physics and microbiology, no work = no money (a part-time job is not really feasible in this situation), expand community service and interships, zero expenses, live with the love of my life who is in the army and i will not be able to live with for the next 6 years.

please leave me all the comments you can. i'm totally torn on the position

Members don't see this ad.

asking a bunch of students on this forum wont give you any answers. whatever you do, your gonna have to decide for yourself.

just keep in mind to do what you wont regret down the line. the worst thing to happen to anyone is being haunted by a particular moment in their life and thinking "what if..."

For me- school/love, definitely. But not without getting married first.

Members don't see this ad :)
#2 all the way!! You make it sound like you don't even need the money. And you're still boosting your app with the second option. You have the rest of your life to work, these years are yours! Just make sure this person is worth it. Go with your gut.

Yeah, I would go with 2 as well, and not because of the lovey-dovey stuffy. If you haven't finished your classes, then finish them. Worry about a job later on. In fact, assuming that you are only taking physics and microbiology, you can get a job or take additional classes. It sounds like you have a year so make it count. Even excluding love (let's face it, you'll see each other regardless of either option), option two sounds better for your candidacy for dental school.

Deep down you knew which choice your heart wanted...2

okay, so i have a dillemma:

i'm trying to decide between two options:

1) full-time, one-year, lab tech position at west point military academy as a microbiology/human anatomy/physiology lab technician. make money, live at home. take physics at a community college.

2) focus only on physics and microbiology, no work = no money (a part-time job is not really feasible in this situation), expand community service and interships, zero expenses, live with the love of my life who is in the army and i will not be able to live with for the next 6 years.

please leave me all the comments you can. i'm totally torn on the position

For me, 2 in a heartbeat. But then again, I dont know your background. I agree with rav4, and you should make a decision that you will not regret. If you take that job and take those classes, and decline living with the "love of your life" when you know you wont see much of her for the next 6 years, will you live with that regret? Or appreciate your decision?