Need some advice for changing test date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Omppu27

El Tiburon
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I am currently scheduled for the January 25th exam. However, I got pretty sick over winter break and didn't get nearly enough exam prep done. That said I will be pushing my exam back.

The next two test dates available are on March 22nd and April 5th (these are both 1pm Saturday). I would prefer to sign up for the March test date (worried pushing it back further could hurt my score and I have an exam the following Monday of the April 5th exam) but the closest testing center is a hour away. I could take the hour trip before the exam or I could stay in a hotel the Friday night before the test but either way it's just not ideal (car accident/issues, possible discomfort from not sleeping in my own bed, terrible traffic for whatever reason, etc.)....

What do you guys think I should do?

Members don't see this ad.

Haven't taken the test yet, but driving an hour has the potential to introduce too many variables (traffic, accidents, you getting lost, you getting abducted by aliens, ad nauseum). May be worth it to risk a foreign bed, rather than arriving frazzled.

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly there all other factors don't matter : When you are about to take the test, you will be so focused on the real test deal and getting ready for it by controlling your variables : food, sleep etc that this would just be a tiny detail

Just don't worry about this and focus on your prep schedule