Need some advice please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

simbalimba

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is an mcat related question but has to do with admission so I thought it would be best to post it here. I am signed up for the mcat this friday (july 11). I am scoring between a 29-31 with my last 2 scores being 30s. The thing is that my gpa is around a 3.45-3.5. I know that this is low for allopathic schools and so I am debating whether to push my mcat into mid august and try and score around a 32-34 (I am confident even now that I can do a 32). But by delaying my mcat I know I delay my application and more interviews and seats will be taken up. I was wondering which route to take is better? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

This is an mcat related question but has to do with admission so I thought it would be best to post it here. I am signed up for the mcat this friday (july 11). I am scoring between a 29-31 with my last 2 scores being 30s. The thing is that my gpa is around a 3.45-3.5. I know that this is low for allopathic schools and so I am debating whether to push my mcat into mid august and try and score around a 32-34 (I am confident even now that I can do a 32). But by delaying my mcat I know I delay my application and more interviews and seats will be taken up. I was wondering which route to take is better? Thanks.

take it now if you think you will get a 30+ you need to get your application in ASAP

take it now if you think you will get a 30+ you need to get your application in ASAP

But I thought that since my gpa is low, I would need to score 32+ to stand a decent shot of getting in? The rest of my profile is average.

Members don't see this ad :)
you should be okay with 30-31. you might score a few points higher with a later mcat, but also consider that a later app-->fewer interview spots, which really sucks. a lot of people this year with solid stats missed out on some great schools b/c of this. :thumbdown:

If your are applying for 08 martic, you should take your MCAT asap!!!! You're more likely to get in with a 30 if you apply early than a 31 if you apply later. The longer you wait, the more competition you have. Take the MCAT Friday, worst case scenario, you don't get in and take a year off to improve your app. Good luck! :thumbup:

because you're asking for "advice" and not "advise," "advize," or "aardvark" I'll say you really need to take it NOW.