Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Neurotic? No?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Hermeone, May 5, 2004.

1. Hermeone

Hermeone Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I don't know what is wrong with me. I took 23 hours (7 classes) last quarter but dropped a class (upper level Molecular Biochemistry: Human Genetics ) due to lack of interest and pulled a 4.0 for the remaining 20 credit hours. So, I had a 3 W's now.

Should I be worried? I mean I should calm down instead of being crazy about it. I know I couldn't do anything right now. I am such a poor planner and have very low self-esteem and confident.

What do I do to at least make myself feel better about myself? Do anyone feel like this? Is it because of being a premed? (Don't ask me to get a life, I do have a social life)

:(

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Bad Mojo

Bad Mojo Cold as Ice
    7+ Year Member

I thought I was working hard if I had 15 hours of class. But 23, you go girl.

4. theprizefighter

theprizefighter Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hermeone,

Just relax a bit. I know lots of pre-meds who feel this way. You want to strive to be the best so badly that if one thing goes awry you're very hard on yourself. Remember: 20 yrs from now when you're a sucessful doctor, all of this worrying will seem a bit silly and you'll chuckle over it.

For now, though, I recommend listening to U2. Great band to get some nervous energy out!

tpf

5. Benjo

Benjo Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

HUh? What is the problem? You took an above average course load and got a 4.0. How could this be perceived as bad. If it is a self-esteem issue, get counseling NOW, because this could come back to bite you in the ass later in the process when the **** hits the fan for pretty much everyone. It is not always a humbling experience to apply, but it is most of the time, and you should be prepared for it emotionally. See a school counselor perhaps, or a private one, or get hobbies that take you rmind off of school and foster self-confidence. Try to shift the focus from school or else you will find it hard to keep up this pace--all these statements are qualified as generalizations.