Nevada wait-list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Silvertip

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone please give me some feedback regarding Nevada's waitlist? I'm an out-of-stater and would like to know about movement on the list over the past few years. Are there any anecdotes out there that will keep my hopes up?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Silvertip. I'm an out-of-stater (Idaho) who applied to Nevada this year as well. I interviewed at the end of February and received my note about being put on their waiting list on March 19th. Exactly one week later I got a letter telling me that I was accepted, so I'd say the movement is good!

The professor that I inteviewed with at UN was pretty up front about the process for going through the wait list for out of staters. He said there is usually about 5 to 7 spots for out of state people, and that they usually interview about 40 people for those spots. Since they take people from essentially only 5 states (Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Alaska, and Western California), that's only about 5 or so people from each state who get interviews. He said that this means that the few people who do get interviews at Nevada are usually the best of the best and frankly are likely to get into more prestigious schools and that they usually go through most of their waiting list, but that they sometimes don't get through it until late in the process. I think he said that they got all the way up to the 35th name last year and that they contacted that person on the day before classes started.

This is good news, no? I'm waiting to hear from two other schools, but after interviewing at Nevada, I know it will be tough to decide. I was very impressed with the people, the professors, and the facilities. Much more than I thought I would be. I also like the fact that the class is only 52 students.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info, Ida1! I'm waitlisted for WWAMI as well, but probably won't get the call from Washington due to my mediocre placement on the list. Nevada is a close second to Washington and I really really want to hear from them this summer! Thanks again.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else had any experience with Nevada or know anyone who has? Nevada has become my number one shot at getting in, and I really like the school, but don't want to get my hopes up too much.

Hey Silvertip-
Maybe I can offer some bit of knowledge. Nevada's waitlist is funny. I believe that there are two separate lists- one for in-staters and one for out-of staters. The one for in-state people I guess moves pretty well, so a lot of Nevada residents will end up getting in off of it. I am sure that there will be less movement of the out of state list. This is the way some friends of mine who were on the wait list last year described it. I would suggest calling Dr. Hug-English and asking about it.
I too thought Nevada's facilities were pretty good, especially with the new building and all the high-tech stuff. The anatomy lab still sux and the lab instructor is worthless I hear, but all in all, I think the experience will be good. Maybe I will see you there next year. (Keeping fingers crossed for Tulane!) :)