You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Nevada - Reno
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
star_platinum
Full Member
Any OOS updates from anyone? Haven't heard anythingAnybody OOS receive anything today? The previous OOS update email said that they anticipate "all applicants" will receive a part 1 invitation today. But they also say that OOS will receive an interview (if chose) in mid November.
updawg1
Full Member
From the IS info session, it sounded like everyone that was invited for part 1 would also be invited to do part 2. But not 100% suredo applicants get screened out between part 1 and part 2?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is also how I interpreted from the info session and the initial interview invite email. They are also going off availability of interviewers, who are all really busy, so it’s just taking a little bit to schedule them!From the IS info session, it sounded like everyone that was invited for part 1 would also be invited to do part 2. But not 100% sure
updawg1
Full Member
IIRC, they also said they have an internal ranking of applicants which determines the order they receive the part 2 interviewThis is also how I interpreted from the info session and the initial interview invite email. They are also going off availability of interviewers, who are all really busy, so it’s just taking a little bit to schedule them!
Yeah I remember them saying they have a formula for who gets reviewed for the first decision date, and that might translate to who gets interviewed first so it’s done in time for the first date 🤷🏼♀️IIRC, they also said they have an internal ranking of applicants which determines the order they receive the part 2 interview
Any updates here?
star_platinum
Full Member
I have heard nothingAny updates here?
applied2toomanyschoolsxd
Full Member
11/20 is the first release of decisions iirc !Any updates here?
greatwhiteshark13
Full Member
Got the A call about an hour ago!
D
deleted931444
Congratulations!! So cool! Their PDF said 5pm today, but clearly they really wanted you to call early!! 😄 Enjoy!Got the A call about an hour ago!
updawg1
Full Member
Congrats!! When was your interview complete?Got the A call about an hour ago!
greatwhiteshark13
Full Member
October 16th!Congrats!! When was your interview complete?
tacocatgoatcheesepizza
Full Member
Got the A call today at 3:30pm! Completed my interview on October 17th!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any OOS II? Losing hope here :/
Hello everyone!
Sorry for being slower to respond to some of your messages, I have been on my IM rotation which has been a handful, but I am back and happy to answer any and all questions.
For some information:
Many OOS interviews will be sent out early December - so keep an eye out for those!
Additionally, our admissions team continues to work on sending out decisions each month. I know this is a tough process and the wait can be difficult but we are here to help in any way we can. Don't hesitate to reach out or DM!
- UNR Admissions Student Rep
Sorry for being slower to respond to some of your messages, I have been on my IM rotation which has been a handful, but I am back and happy to answer any and all questions.
For some information:
Many OOS interviews will be sent out early December - so keep an eye out for those!
Additionally, our admissions team continues to work on sending out decisions each month. I know this is a tough process and the wait can be difficult but we are here to help in any way we can. Don't hesitate to reach out or DM!
- UNR Admissions Student Rep
I hope not :/Have all oos iis been sent out? Still waiting :/
star_platinum
Full Member
The UNR rep above said many OOS ii will be sent out early December...Have all oos iis been sent out? Still waiting :/
post-secondary R received today, OOS applicant
star_platinum
Full Member
+1post-secondary R received today, OOS applicant
+ 3 LM69
docdoc3000
Full Member
same here :,(post-secondary R received today, OOS applicant
OOS II for part 1. So excited! Love this school!
Does anyone have an idea of the timeline between Part 1 and Part 2 interviews, or part 2 interviews and admission decisions?
From what I have seen, it’s from 2 weeks to a month.Does anyone have an idea of the timeline between Part 1 and Part 2 interviews, or part 2 interviews and admission decisions?
From what I have seen, it’s from 2 weeks to a month.
IS timeline for me:
Part 1 completed 8/22
Part 2 invite 10/31
Part 2 complete 11/9
No admissions decision yet
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS, I got my Part 1 invite on 11/29, completed this 12/4, got the part 2 invite today 12/5, will interview on 12/11.Does anyone have an idea of the timeline between Part 1 and Part 2 interviews, or part 2 interviews and admission decisions?
OOS Part 1 complete 11/30 Part II invite 12/5. Seems like they are having a pretty fast turn around.
is the part 2 of the interview also MMI? or is traditional? it said MMI on the instructions but i just want to confirm
Part 2 is a live traditional interview not an MMI!is the part 2 of the interview also MMI? or is traditional? it said MMI on the instructions but i just want to confirm
I’m really hoping not. I have a nonrefundable tuition deposit at another school due middle of January… I would love to avoid paying that if possible.For OOS post interview I'm guessing we wait till mid February like previous years for a decision?
Any decisions today? interviewed November 17th so hoping to hear something today
In their admission portal they specify decisions will come out after 5pm.Any decisions today? interviewed November 17th so hoping to hear something today
updawg1
Full Member
I’m not sure if that’s accurate though because last month people heard before 5, and in the info session they said before 5. I’m sure they will come at some point today though. Best of luck everyone! 🙌In their admission portal they specify decisions will come out after 5pm.
havent heard anything.... ig we gotta wait till jan
nitess
Full Member
This is so stressful [emoji24]
IS Post II R just now.
IS waitlist at 5:25PM, application complete 8/22, second part of interview complete 11/29
Last edited:
bananabreaddude
Full Member
Just weird the website says very explicitly “after 5”
Guess “after 5” means it can come at any time afterwards
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS Post II R just now.
Sorry to hear it 🙁 Can I ask when you interviewed?IS wait list just now
nitess
Full Member
Sorry to hear it 🙁 Can I ask when you interviewed?
Oct. 4th
Are all emails/phone calls out for the night? If it helps anyone else to know, I haven't heard anything (Part II of my interview was done 11/17).
For those that heard back today was it an email, portal update, or phone call?