2023-2024 Nevada - Reno

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are all emails/phone calls out for the night? If it helps anyone else to know, I haven't heard anything (Part II of my interview was done 11/17).

I haven’t heard anything either and also completed part II of my interview on 11/17.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Heard nothing, interview was 11/17. Looks like they didn’t get to us today - I guess no news was good news

Reactions: 1 users
Heard nothing, interview was 11/17. Looks like they didn’t get to us today - I guess no news was good news
Haha, agreed. Whelp, guess I'll see you all back here 1/20/24. Thanks to everyone posting today! It's nice to have these chats to keep an eye on when the stress/excitement/anxiousness sets in.

Waitlist decision received by email around 5:30pm. Living OOS but qualify as IS due to tier 1 ties. I am grateful and honored; however I have already released my WL spot due to having been accepted at a top choice school in my home state prior to being waitlisted here. Love the school and interactions with staff have been amazing! Nevada will always be my second home. Good luck everyone! I hope my spot goes to someone else.

Reactions: 3 users
IS A call received yesterday! director talked about reasons they liked my app, email confirmation a bit afterwards!

Data Collection/Timeline:

2° Received 8/8; 2° Submitted 8/11; II 8/16; IA Part 1 8/23; IA I-Live Part 2 11/03; A 12/20

Update admissions email today giving a timeline for OOS decisions. OOS applicants will be reviewed in February and decisions will go out Feb 20th after 5pm.

I appreciate them keeping us informed about the process.

While waiting for a decision Feb 20 for OOS, is it reasonable to submit an update (Additional courses taken since application and interview, current extracurriculars, clinical experience and continued research) or is it better to just wait for a decision?

While waiting for a decision Feb 20 for OOS, is it reasonable to submit an update (Additional courses taken since application and interview, current extracurriculars, clinical experience and continued research) or is it better to just wait for a decision?
I submitted an update a week prior to the first decision being released and I got an A on 11/20! Not sure if it made a difference, but it didn’t hurt!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the acceptance call today around 3pm PST! IS applicant, LizzyM 69

Secondary received: 08/29
Interview part 1 received: 09/06
Interview part 1 completed: 09/07
Interview part 2 received: 11/14
Interview part 2 completed: 11/28

No rejections? No nothin? This particular cycle is brutal

Got my A yesterday around 3 PM!!

Then I got an email this morning that said I wasn’t accepted.. Then they sent me an apology email telling me to disregard the last email and that I really did get in lol. It’s been a rollercoaster.. I also accidentally set me house on fire this week so, you know, lots of ups and downs

Secondary received: 9/5
Interview part 1 received: 10/11
Interview part 1 completed: 10/18
Interview part 2 received: 11/7
Interview part 2 completed: 11/13

• Wow
  • Care
Anyone get an email today? I got a post interview R email. OOS.

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone get an email today? I got a post interview R email. OOS.
Just checked my email @ 9pm PST Waitlisted.

In the email it says

The waitlist will be ranked in Mid-March and by April 1, alternates are notified about whether they are ranked in the top, middle or lower third of the list. Then, beginning on Tuesday, May 2, and every Tuesday after, alternates may email to request their numerical position.

OOS Post Interview WL around 9:15 pm. This WL game is brutal. Trying to stay positive. Sending all the good vibes out to y'all!

OOS A last night around 6:00 via a phone call!

Hey everyone! Hope your cycles are going well. Just a friendly reminder for my fellow waitlisters that they sent an email with our “thirds” placement (top, middle, or bottom third) for anyone that missed it. Best of luck to all of you and hoping for a lot of movement!

• Love
Is there a current UNR med student on here who can speak to what they have liked/disliked about the MD program at UNR and the overall student culture here? Thanks :)

Does anybody know if the OOS waitlist is separate from the in-state waitlist? Or if it is one comprehensive waitlist with everybody?

In past years OOS and IS were different waitlists. Not sure if they changed that this year