You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Nevada - Reno
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
For those that heard back today was it an email, portal update, or phone call?
IS A, called around 430. Very sweet, they mentioned a “reason” they liked my app.
bananabreaddude
Full Member
Are all emails/phone calls out for the night? If it helps anyone else to know, I haven't heard anything (Part II of my interview was done 11/17).
I haven’t heard anything either and also completed part II of my interview on 11/17.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! That's awesome, go celebrate your hard work paying off!IS A, called around 430. Very sweet, they mentioned a “reason” they liked my app.
Haha, agreed. Whelp, guess I'll see you all back here 1/20/24. Thanks to everyone posting today! It's nice to have these chats to keep an eye on when the stress/excitement/anxiousness sets in.Heard nothing, interview was 11/17. Looks like they didn’t get to us today - I guess no news was good news
D
deleted931444
Waitlist decision received by email around 5:30pm. Living OOS but qualify as IS due to tier 1 ties. I am grateful and honored; however I have already released my WL spot due to having been accepted at a top choice school in my home state prior to being waitlisted here. Love the school and interactions with staff have been amazing! Nevada will always be my second home. Good luck everyone! I hope my spot goes to someone else.
applied2toomanyschoolsxd
Full Member
IS A call received yesterday! director talked about reasons they liked my app, email confirmation a bit afterwards!
Data Collection/Timeline:
2° Received 8/8; 2° Submitted 8/11; II 8/16; IA Part 1 8/23; IA I-Live Part 2 11/03; A 12/20
Data Collection/Timeline:
2° Received 8/8; 2° Submitted 8/11; II 8/16; IA Part 1 8/23; IA I-Live Part 2 11/03; A 12/20
Update admissions email today giving a timeline for OOS decisions. OOS applicants will be reviewed in February and decisions will go out Feb 20th after 5pm.
I appreciate them keeping us informed about the process.
I appreciate them keeping us informed about the process.
applied2toomanyschoolsxd
Full Member
Withdrew my A today –– gl to everyone!IS A call received yesterday! director talked about reasons they liked my app, email confirmation a bit afterwards!
Data Collection/Timeline:
2° Received 8/8; 2° Submitted 8/11; II 8/16; IA Part 1 8/23; IA I-Live Part 2 11/03; A 12/20
While waiting for a decision Feb 20 for OOS, is it reasonable to submit an update (Additional courses taken since application and interview, current extracurriculars, clinical experience and continued research) or is it better to just wait for a decision?
tacocatgoatcheesepizza
Full Member
I submitted an update a week prior to the first decision being released and I got an A on 11/20! Not sure if it made a difference, but it didn’t hurt!While waiting for a decision Feb 20 for OOS, is it reasonable to submit an update (Additional courses taken since application and interview, current extracurriculars, clinical experience and continued research) or is it better to just wait for a decision?
Is today the final decision day for instate applicants?
Is today the final decision day for instate applicants?
No. Feb 20th per the packet they sent out
phonelogin
New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ig they're done with calls for the day?
ig they're done with calls for the day?
I got my A call in December after 5pm
I assume there are people who got acceptances and rejections who don’t get on this forum. Maybe.No rejections? No nothin? This particular cycle is brutal
PiccoloLinden
New Member
Got my A yesterday around 3 PM!!
Then I got an email this morning that said I wasn’t accepted.. Then they sent me an apology email telling me to disregard the last email and that I really did get in lol. It’s been a rollercoaster.. I also accidentally set me house on fire this week so, you know, lots of ups and downs
Secondary received: 9/5
Interview part 1 received: 10/11
Interview part 1 completed: 10/18
Interview part 2 received: 11/7
Interview part 2 completed: 11/13
Then I got an email this morning that said I wasn’t accepted.. Then they sent me an apology email telling me to disregard the last email and that I really did get in lol. It’s been a rollercoaster.. I also accidentally set me house on fire this week so, you know, lots of ups and downs
Secondary received: 9/5
Interview part 1 received: 10/11
Interview part 1 completed: 10/18
Interview part 2 received: 11/7
Interview part 2 completed: 11/13
IS rejection this morning :/
Anyone get an email today? I got a post interview R email. OOS.
Just checked my email @ 9pm PST Waitlisted.Anyone get an email today? I got a post interview R email. OOS.
In the email it says
The waitlist will be ranked in Mid-March and by April 1, alternates are notified about whether they are ranked in the top, middle or lower third of the list. Then, beginning on Tuesday, May 2, and every Tuesday after, alternates may email to request their numerical position.
OOS Post Interview WL around 9:15 pm. This WL game is brutal. Trying to stay positive. Sending all the good vibes out to y'all!
CONGRATS!!! That's Awesome!!OOS A last night around 6:00 via a phone call!
canejomalo
New Member
OOS Post II WL last night
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
applicant7417
New Member
Will be withdrawing my OOS WL after getting into my top choice! Good luck everyone!!
Congrats!!!Will be withdrawing my OOS WL after getting into my top choice! Good luck everyone!!
Is there a current UNR med student on here who can speak to what they have liked/disliked about the MD program at UNR and the overall student culture here? Thanks 🙂
OOS A two days ago! My first acceptance 🙂 

applicationstressforreal
New Member
Congrats! Were you on the waitlist prior?OOS A two days ago! My first acceptance 🙂![]()
Thank you 🙂 Yes, I was on the WL.Congrats! Were you on the waitlist prior?
Congrats! Were you top first? In the WL placement?OOS A two days ago! My first acceptance 🙂![]()
Yes, I was in the top tier.Congrats! Were you top first? In the WL placement?
applicationstressforreal
New Member
Does anybody know if the OOS waitlist is separate from the in-state waitlist? Or if it is one comprehensive waitlist with everybody?
applicationstressforreal
New Member
Thank you!In past years OOS and IS were different waitlists. Not sure if they changed that this year
Yay!! Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing which WL tier you were in before your acceptance?IS A off waitlist earlier today!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
updawg1
Full Member
Thank you!! I was in tier 1!Yay!! Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing which WL tier you were in before your acceptance?
applicationstressforreal
New Member
Anybody hear back on waitlist position yesterday?
YAY Congrats future Doctor and classmate!!!!IS A off waitlist earlier today!!!
You should get an email in the next couple of days with a facebook group and discord group chat 🙂Does anyone know if there is an admitted students GroupMe or Facebook group?
updawg1
Full Member
Thank you!!!YAY Congrats future Doctor and classmate!!!!