Jan 23, 2021
Accreditation visit will be held on March/April. They are very confident with the accreditation. During the interview, I asked academic and clinical curriculum, and they told me that we could be integrated with med and pharmacy student for some classes. Also, we would be doing clinical starting D1.
I thought accreditation was March 2 & 3. So there’s another one in April?

zezeo tampa

2+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2018
I received an interview last week!
For those that interviewed already. were there any ethical/ scenario questions? Was it open file? Any tips or advice would be appreciated!
Thank you

About the Ads
Jul 3, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I haven't heard anything from this school, not even a confirmation that they got my application lmao

Jan 17, 2021
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I haven't heard anything from this school, not even a confirmation that they got my application lmao
I asked them about this a few months ago. They said they weren't sending out "application complete" confirmations just because of the influx of documents they were experiencing. However, they promised to inform any applicants with missing items via email. If they haven't said anything to you, you're most likely all set.

Jan 23, 2021
I received an interview last week!
For those that interviewed already. were there any ethical/ scenario questions? Was it open file? Any tips or advice would be appreciated!
Thank you
A few scenario questions. Mine was close/open file meaning some interviewers looked at my application and other hadn’t. Very chill and everyone was nice. My number 1 tip would be stay calm and just be yourself. They really wanna see who you are as a person. Lastly, come up with questions for them. Good luck I’m sure you’ll do great! Let us know what new information they have regarding accreditation etc!

Reactions: 1 user

zezeo tampa

2+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2018
A few scenario questions. Mine was close/open file meaning some interviewers looked at my application and other hadn’t. Very chill and everyone was nice. My number 1 tip would be stay calm and just be yourself. They really wanna see who you are as a person. Lastly, come up with questions for them. Good luck I’m sure you’ll do great! Let us know what new information they have regarding accreditation etc!
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.

About the Ads
Jan 23, 2021
Yeah! Somebody should ask what aspects make them hopeful, and what may be a reason for not receiving their accreditation.
I honestly don’t see a reason to why the school wouldn’t get accredited because they were ready for the site meeting March 2020 and then had a whole entire year to fix the missing pieces. We’ll see how it goes. It’s just sad that the site meeting got moved to April. Hopefully that doesn’t set things back because from what I’ve been hearing a good number of students have accepted unofficial offers.

Reactions: 1 users

zezeo tampa

2+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2018
If you truly believe that your interview went well you’ll hear good news soon. Mine took 3 weeks more or less. But this was a while ago. Idk how fast they are responding atm.
Hey did u call after ur interview asking for the decision? Or did U send them an email? When u think it’s the right time to ask about the decision since I interviewed this week ? In my interview they told me the class start date may be delayed.

Last edited:

zezeo tampa

2+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2018

So I definitely wouldn’t call them asking what their decision was. They called me/emailed me. The email basically said you’ve been unofficially accepted, let us know if you’d like to take the offer etc.
In your interview they said that classes start later? Did they say how late? Like October? And did they tell you any other important information like above^^?
January or July of 2022. But that’s not certain she said maybe.

About the Ads

Ivy.ch

2+ Year Member
May 6, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Just curious, why are you all considering going to a brand new school (which isn't yet accredited?) in the middle of a pandemic? I'm just baffled as an older student as to what is going on. Have they even published a price of attendance yet? Have they even hired faculty? Do they even have patient pools yet?

Reactions: 1 users
Jan 17, 2021
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Just curious, why are you all considering going to a brand new school (which isn't yet accredited?) in the middle of a pandemic? I'm just baffled as an older student as to what is going on. Have they even published a price of attendance yet? Have they even hired faculty? Do they even have patient pools yet?
Vaccines are becoming more available by the day, so I don't know how much the pandemic will affect the fate of a new school in the Fall. It's not accredited yet, but we can't attend until it is anyway. They've told us a price of attendance, but it's not published. Thats not good imo, but we can choose not to attend if it ends up too much. I don't have answers about faculty and patient pools.

Genuine question, because I really don't know, but doesn't the school still have 2 years to figure out patient pools? No one is gonna be a D3 here for a while. Also, if this was the only school you got into during a cycle, would you reapply instead of attending?

Ivy.ch

2+ Year Member
May 6, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Vaccines are becoming more available by the day, so I don't know how much the pandemic will affect the fate of a new school in the Fall. It's not accredited yet, but we can't attend until it is anyway. They've told us a price of attendance, but it's not published. Thats not good imo, but we can choose not to attend if it ends up too much. I don't have answers about faculty and patient pools.

Genuine question, because I really don't know, but doesn't the school still have 2 years to figure out patient pools? No one is gonna be a D3 here for a while. Also, if this was the only school you got into during a cycle, would you reapply instead of attending?
You think they’ll just magically get patients? It requires time to build up clinics and recruit patients and staff. I can only imagine it’s more difficult in NorCal.

Few schools are worth the price nowadays. I don’t know what I would advise if this was the only option.

Jan 17, 2021
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
You think they’ll just magically get patients? It requires time to build up clinics and recruit patients and staff. I can only imagine it’s more difficult in NorCal.

Few schools are worth the price nowadays. I don’t know what I would advise if this was the only option.
Like I said, I don't know. Someone earlier mentioned that the clinic was supposed to be a part of their proposed hospital. I think that was the same proposal that was rejected by the city. So there's definitely things I will have to find out for myself if this school ends up my only acceptance. Even then, if accreditation doesn't pan out, the point is moot lol.

About the Ads
Nov 19, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
They said tuition was $76K a year. Not sure if that included fees. Their goal was a class of 80 once it was up and running, they said theyre expecting ~30 in the first class, but who knows what theyll do once they get accredited (mad dash to fill the class with anyone who didnt get in anywhere else, or just leave it where its at). I also dont think theyll have issues with their patient pool being outside Sacramento (they can pull from the city, the surrounding areas, other areas in the central valley, etc.).

Dont know about faculty. Patient pool and clinic was not existent as of my interview but its not like there isn't a need for what they are offering in the area.

There will likely be some fairly intense growing pains for anyone in the 1st few classes, but nothing that every other new dental school hasnt had to overcome. You just have to ask yourself if you want to pay $76k to be the guinea pigs, it seems like most people are going to bite though if they have no other options regardless of how severe covid might make those growing pains.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2019
Status (Visible)
They said tuition was $76K a year. Not sure if that included fees. Their goal was a class of 80 once it was up and running, they said theyre expecting ~30 in the first class, but who knows what theyll do once they get accredited (mad dash to fill the class with anyone who didnt get in anywhere else, or just leave it where its at). I also dont think theyll have issues with their patient pool being outside Sacramento (they can pull from the city, the surrounding areas, other areas in the central valley, etc.).

Dont know about faculty. Patient pool and clinic was not existent as of my interview but its not like there isn't a need for what they are offering in the area.

There will likely be some fairly intense growing pains for anyone in the 1st few classes, but nothing that every other new dental school hasnt had to overcome. You just have to ask yourself if you want to pay $76k to be the guinea pigs, it seems like most people are going to bite though if they have no other options regardless of how severe covid might make those growing pains.
there are included fees, they told me 76k and with included fees itll be 100k

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

sobertiger

10+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
There should be plenty of patients in that area and they won't be sharing patients with any other school.

Jul 3, 2019
Status (Visible)
Just look at new private for-profit DO schools opening up with wonky curriculums and charging an arm and a leg 450k total COA and premeds are lining up and gushing at how amazing the school is for being innovative. These DO schools could literally say "pay us $80k a year and figure everything out on your own from basic sciences to driving 30 min+ and flying across the country for rotations" and people would still kill for the opportunity. I assume its the same with dental schools or else you wouldn't have people paying $160k/year to go to USC or NYU dental. They'll fill their class no problem.
usc and nyu aren’t for-profit schools

Jul 3, 2019
Status (Visible)
I never claimed they were. My point is premed/predent will pay whatever the price tag is. The rationale (and logically makes sense) is its better to take the acceptance now even if it costs $600k than to reapply and shoot for a $300k school (not guaranteed). That 1-2 years salary makes up for the difference. I am 100% confident if a new school charged $200k in tuition alone they'd still fill their class and have a large waitlist to draw from. There are far too many desperate people and many have wealthy parents who'd pay whatever price tag, or just use loans to cover it and go military/PSLF (if federal loans).
i understand, but paying that much for a school that has a reputation and alumni is different than paying for a for-profit school, imo.

ChipSkylarkxxxshinyteeth

2+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2018
I just applied for FAFSA a couple days ago and may have found out that this school does not participate, so you will have to take private loans out instead of federal.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.