New dental school: California Northstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
“The 2022 application cycle will be through AADSAS” - CNU

Well this is a step forward.

There’s been talk about a Facebook page, GroupMe, or WhatsApp for students with conditional acceptances.

Edit: thanks, got the invite to the GroupMe

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
There’s been talk about a Facebook page, GroupMe, or WhatsApp for students with conditional acceptances.

Will there be a fb page for the students with conditional acceptances?

Could I be added to the groupme too? I would really appreciate it since times are pretty uncertain at this point.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

Can I be added to the group me? I was accepted too.

And is a Facebook with the accepted class going to be made?

tnx

any updates on this school?
Once a dumpster fire, always a dumpster fire.

D22531C3-5939-4957-911C-962197F3FFCA.jpeg

Big Hoss

Reactions: 3 users
it’s my only acceptance :(
That's a tough situation but I would still not even consider this "school". Better to apply next year or switch career paths completely.

Are you willing and able to take out private loans to attend this school for a ridiculous price tag of $550,557 (which is not including $100k interest accumulated over 4 years)?
With accreditation issues? And attending the school as their guinea pig as issues are ironed out at the new school?

Even if we were in the golden age of dentistry and job prospects were amazing, I'd stay far away from this school. This is just a scam to take advantage of desperate pre-dents. I really hope your desire/passion for dentistry doesn't cloud your judgment in this situation.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Once a dumpster fire, always a dumpster fire.

View attachment 340423

Big Hoss
love you hoss, this is rsk384 the nyu fellow. deleted my email for the last account and poof, lost the account or password recovery....

how do these kids not realize how dumb they are in ignoring all the sages advice.... like. the confirmation bias they all (all pre dents) since they know 1 person, six degrees seperated, makes decent money.... it's insaneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

look up the case schiller index/ increase in m1 supply for an indicator on simple broad macroeconomics.... now is not the time to make silly financial moves.

Reactions: 1 user
As I’ve posted before, when NYU buys me this, I’ll stop complaining about student loans. Maybe any school with a cost of attendance north of $500,000 would be willing to chip in.

NYU, the ball is in your court...

Big Hoss
I'll gladly start the gofundme for you.

• Haha
did anyone hear about the accreditation or not yet? it was in august

As I’ve posted before, when NYU buys me this, I’ll stop complaining about student loans. Maybe any school with a cost of attendance north of $500,000 would be willing to chip in.

NYU, the ball is in your court...

Big Hoss
Man that is nice! Believe it or not they are consistently sold out of rolexs right now, government handing out too many stimmys

• Haha
I would stay away, nearly 600k before interest, only select private lenders, inaugural class. Maybe it could wind up being an ok school, but none of them are worth that price tag. You could very easily end up with a million dollars in debt. That will take decades to pay off, and you might not even do that.
Consider what your mental state will be with such debt weighing on you. You might die on stage.
If it's a sole acceptance type deal, is there not any way to improve a DAT score and get more experience for the next year to get accepted elsewhere?
Consider what this clown is telling you about the school in question.

Attachments

• A23B747B-4BF3-4ABE-8328-BB24DB63FA9B.png
    A23B747B-4BF3-4ABE-8328-BB24DB63FA9B.png
    435.2 KB · Views: 106
Reactions: 1 users
I would stay away, nearly 600k before interest, only select private lenders, inaugural class. Maybe it could wind up being an ok school, but none of them are worth that price tag. You could very easily end up with a million dollars in debt. That will take decades to pay off, and you might not even do that.
Consider what your mental state will be with such debt weighing on you. You might die on stage.
If it's a sole acceptance type deal, is there not any way to improve a DAT score and get more experience for the next year to get accepted elsewhere?
Consider what this clown is telling you about the school in question.
And it is literally a for profit school. How many of you are aware of that? There are investors who will be making money off of your misery as you struggle to back your student loans.

Big Hoss

Hey all.
Anyone mind telling which new schools have opened up outside if this one recently?
When I applied way back they were opening new schools pretty fast with pretty weak programs, but this was rather far back (LECOM, Roseman ect). Did the trend continue? Any quick place to review all the schools country wide?

Hey all.
Anyone mind telling which new schools have opened up outside if this one recently?
When I applied way back they were opening new schools pretty fast with pretty weak programs, but this was rather far back (LECOM, Roseman ect). Did the trend continue? Any quick place to review all the schools country wide?
High Point in North Carolina is planning on opening one too. Private school. Trend will continue im sure.

• Sad