This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gbafm

Reaction score
I received this offer as part of LOI for rural FM in the southeast. Please advise on how best to negotiate. I am a new grad who would be starting the J1 visa waiver. I would not be eligible for the loan assistance due to foreign loan complications.

- starting base salary of $200,000 to be renewed annually.
- eligible to earn a productivity incentive under xxx compensation plan (which is subject to change by xxx).
- annual production target for the initial term will be set at the three-year rolling average of the 55th percentile wRVUs for physicians in family medicine according to the MGMA. Targets are tiered as below:
 $5/wRVU for production over the 55th percentile but under the 60th percentile.
 $10/wRVU for production at or over the 60th percentile but under the 75th percentile
 $20/wRVU for production at or over the 75th percentile
- Quality incentive based on years of experience post-residency; for between 0-2 years of experience, the total potential quality and value incentive would be up to $45,000.
- After starting, $25,000 sign-on bonus.
- $150,000.00 in educational loan repayment assistance (paid at the end of every employment term for the first five terms)
- $10,000 in relocation reimbursement.
- Up to $3,000 in reimbursement for CME expenses and up to 5 days per fiscal year of paid CME leave.

PS: I would also really appreciate contract lawyer referrals. Bonus if they have access to MGMA data and have some knowledge on J1 visa. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
That RVU reimbursement is equal to a PA/NP and is disrespectful. My RVU rate is 54.57 after I see the minimum 296/month. The one thing I had to learn during contracts is that ALL NUMBERS ARE NEGOTIABLE. Don't be afraid to ask for more. Companies will always low ball you coming out of residency.

Reactions: 1 users