NEW MCAT Physics portion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrDej

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Need your advise as to how to go about learning physics for the new MCAT. I haven't taken a course in ages and I suck at physics in general. So far, I have EK supplemented with TBR. I feel like EK tells you necessary concepts but it doesn't give much content review. On the other hand, TBR gives a whole lot of content review but I don't know if its too much. Still, I am not doing as well as i'd like on the practice passages. Any tips or advice? Should I stop focusing on content and just start doing a bunch of practice problems?

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I recall some of the main concepts but when it comes to doing problems, i have a hard time figuring out how to approach them. I feel like approach and application is my biggest problem. I'll definitely try khan though. Are you using the videos in they designed for their MCAT section or the separate videos they made before?

I recall some of the main concepts but when it comes to doing problems, i have a hard time figuring out how to approach them. I feel like approach and application is my biggest problem. I'll definitely try khan though. Are you using the videos in they designed for their MCAT section or the separate videos they made before?
I have the exact same problem!!!

I highly recommend doing the TPR science workbook. I spent 40 Hours doing the entire physics section during my spring break and now I get around 80% of physics questions right during my practice work

I highly recommend doing the TPR science workbook. I spent 40 Hours doing the entire physics section during my spring break and now I get around 80% of physics questions right during my practice work

Thanks! I'll look into that.