New Proposed MCAT section: Communication Skills Test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ooh, I like this...maybe if we can get them to offer one section on the computer, it will move to offering other sections that way and eventually we'll be able to get our scores much faster (a la the GRE).

terzian said:
Ooh, I like this...maybe if we can get them to offer one section on the computer, it will move to offering other sections that way and eventually we'll be able to get our scores much faster (a la the GRE).

They already offer the MCAT on computer. I think it will eventually be ONLY computer though and we'll be considered old times like " oh, you took the MCAT on paper?"

By the way, that communications section is brutal in my opinion. Who needs more to worry about " reading non-verbal cues". Wow.

Crazy, anyone know how soon it could get implemented if approved? Gah, I can't even imagine the MCAT being longer than it already is.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone else think AAMC is wasting everyone's resources dreaming this up? Sorry, but I don't think more ridiculous pre-med testing will change the overall quality of medical education. I can see it now, Kaplan's "MCAT Communication skills test" prep course, only $1200!

I think it is a terrible idea. It is just another scheme to strip us of our monies. What are the interviews for? Whoever came up with this idea deserves to rot in hell, or shoulda taken the past MCAT as punishment.