This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iceberg413

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I need some advice on a decision coming up. I'm graduating undergrad in May and am looking for a research/hospital position during gap1 and gap2.

A little about me, I'm from a top 40 research university, 3.6-3.7 GPA, 2 years of research, extensive public health leadership and international work, also lots of hospital volunteering.

I have offers from an investigator at the NIH for the IRTA postbac program as well as from the Dana Farber Cancer Institute (Harvard Med. and Brigham and Womens). Both are lab research positions (I'm going for physician scientist track). The NIH position would be in a similar field which I work in now (regenerative medicine) and Dana Farber would obviously be cancer biology.

Any gut reactions to which would look better for adcoms? In terms of fit, I think the Dana Farber position would give more opportunity and connections, but I can't deny the penetrance and prestige of the NIH as well.

Any input or experience at either place would be great, thanks!

-D

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It's probably too late to offer advice. You've presumably already started your postbaccalaureate research work.

Out of curiosity, where did you end up going and how do you find it?