No Biochemistry Offered At My School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

HaloTop

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I go to a community college and there are no other colleges/universities in my area (for at least 90+ miles). My college does not offer biochemistry! I am really frustrated since I know I could take it online at another university, but that doesn't look great for admissions from what I've heard.
HOWEVER, my school does offer a 100 level class called "Introduction to Biochemistry and Organic Chemistry." The prerequisite is General Chem 1, which I have already taken. Is this class worth taking in place of a biochemistry course? Or should I flop and take the online class?

Thanks for the help 🙂