NO INTERVIEW CLUB

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would think the gchem would hold you back more! I am also a low PAT scorer and I have 1 interview so far. Ochem while it is at the cutoff isn't that great either. You should consider a retake to improve gchem/ochem imo but you can do whatever you like ^__^

I am considering a retake but I can't retake until November so I'm running wth this DAT right now. Putting my application out there and hoping for the best. My application was just uploaded with my DAT on the 2nd and so far I have 2 supplemental requests. Hoping for interviews soon.

Ochem I haven't finished the course get so I imagine I can get that score up.

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my application early (early June), 100 hours volunteer, 75 shadowing and people I know with lower stat are getting interviewed. I'm not sure what I did wrong.

Reactions: 1 user
thought you guys might need a laugh. I started my A and P course today and my professor said an ionic bond shared electrons. everyone in the class had to convince him that the sharing of electrons was covalent bonding. its gonna be an interesting semester!

P.S. not talking about the University of Alabama

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my application early (early June), 100 hours volunteer, 75 shadowing and people I know with lower stat are getting interviewed. I'm not sure what I did wrong.

You have a great GPA, but the 16 QR 14 PAT takes a lot away from your 19AA 20TS. PAT is a big part even though people argue it isn't. This is where they can see your skills that are pertinent to dentistry. IMO that may be the hold up. You have a 16 QR and that is still low. I think it could be your DAT scores.you have good volunteer, I could think maybe you applied to schools that have shadow requirements that you don't meet. Like some say a 100 and if you apply they may be strict on the shadow aspect.

Also, I personally think the PRIME time to apply is get your app mailed july25-august 7.

This makes you fresh on the pile, they are actually starting to give out interviews on a more broad scale and not the top applicants from the early batch. So when they review an good/average person they are already in interview giving mode so they would be more easily persuaded. It also seems to be the people who do this, get interviews ealiers, faster feedback. "smoother" application.

I am no expert, but if I was an adcom I would look at those things. **I also am not a perfect applicant, I have my worries about my app**

thought you guys might need a laugh. I started my A and P course today and my professor said an ionic bond shared electrons. everyone in the class had to convince him that the sharing of electrons was covalent bonding. its gonna be an interesting semester!

P.S. not talking about the University of Alabama
LOL then I suppose covalent bonds give/take electrons then! :rolleyes:

I am no longer part of this club.

Reactions: 1 users

What are your stats? What stats have you seen? It's not all about stats. No one knows what it's all about lol.

Also, I personally think the PRIME time to apply is get your app mailed july25-august 7.

This makes you fresh on the pile, they are actually starting to give out interviews on a more broad scale and not the top applicants from the early batch. So when they review an good/average person they are already in interview giving mode so they would be more easily persuaded. It also seems to be the people who do this, get interviews ealiers, faster feedback. "smoother" application.

I am no expert, but if I was an adcom I would look at those things. **I also am not a perfect applicant, I have my worries about my app**

What gives you the impression that they have been giving broader consideration for average folks and not to the top applicants? This hasn't happened in my case and this is my 4th time applying. I applied as first batch this year because people like you (not attacking you! Just saying people with similar thoughts) said best time to apply is super early. It really doesn't make a difference. In fact, an argument could be had that you go against all the 28AAers and your app gets squashed. Think about that.

There is no such thing as "interview giving mode".

can everyone give their stats. I am really curious and want to see where you guys are at

What gives you the impression that they have been giving broader consideration for average folks and not to the top applicants? This hasn't happened in my case and this is my 4th time applying. I applied as first batch this year because people like you (not attacking you! Just saying people with similar thoughts) said best time to apply is super early. It really doesn't make a difference. In fact, an argument could be had that you go against all the 28AAers and your app gets squashed. Think about that.

Not sure if it's true but based on my unscientific and anecdotal observation, seems like "average" students have it the toughest, since their applications blend in with hundreds (maybe thousands) of other apps. Case in point, I haven't heard back from BU, NYU, Tufts, Touro, UNE, LECOM, MWU-IL and I have pretty boring stats. (Not knocking on the schools that I mentioned btw).

I think something has to "stick" with those schools. Hypothetical example be 3.7 GPA 23 AA 24 TS but 16 QR, and adcoms at a above average but not Ivy or UCLA dental school will be like "yeah I bet Columbia will not take his 16 QR so I will give him/her a pity invite."

Again, just spitballing here, but I ain't no adcom so who knows?

can everyone give their stats. I am really curious and want to see where you guys are at

For me, bcpGPA 3.5 and oGPA 3.4. 24AA/25TS. Applied to 17 schools on 8/5 and have no interviews. Also just realized the deadline for the UCSF secondary app was 12 noon, not 12 midnight :lame:. So make that 16 schools I am waiting to hear back from ...

Last edited:
I guess I will join the club...

Members don't see this ad :)
For me, sGPA 3.3, oGPA 3.4, and bcpGPA 3.5. 24AA/25TS. Applied to 17 schools on 8/5 and have no interviews. Also just realized the deadline for the UCSF secondary app was 12 noon, not 12 midnight :lame:. So make that 16 schools I am waiting to hear back from ...
You just applied 8/5, nothing to worry about... it will just take some time for them to get to your application!

For me, sGPA 3.3, oGPA 3.4, and bcpGPA 3.5. 24AA/25TS. Applied to 17 schools on 8/5 and have no interviews. Also just realized the deadline for the UCSF secondary app was 12 noon, not 12 midnight :lame:. So make that 16 schools I am waiting to hear back from ...

I'm guessing you used DAT Bootcamp?

Still nothing here guys. I applied earlier this time on 6/13. I'm hoping to get an interview from Tufts as I got waitlisted by them last cycle.

I truely believe many of you will get solace by taking a break off sdn and do something else for the next month or so. Check emails once or twice a day.

I check my email twice a day between 12 to 5 PM and that was enough for me. Stalking the school specific threads every time an interview is given and thinking "why not me" is not healthy. I have very competitive stats and I didn't get an interview till early september. And I'm sure I'll hear more news within the next two months.

It's still the begginjng of September guys! Many schools haven't even interviewed their first batch of invites yet!

Reactions: 5 users
Damn you have better stats than I do, what the heck!! Oh you applied kinda late to have interviews this quick. They'll be flooding in soon!!

Here's to everyone in this thread waiting on another week! Good luck everyone!

image.jpeg

Reactions: 13 users

I am saying applying first batch isn't a must. I think applying when they are in the more giving mood for interviews is a good time and that is have everything in, but late july early august.

This is the week when the northeastern schools go out on an interview-giving rampage.

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks guys, I was being super impatient. Actually just got an interview today!

So I know we all have 0 interviews thus far, but has anyone been rejected? I am just sitting in silence over here, hoping that no news is essentially good news?

So I know we all have 0 interviews thus far, but has anyone been rejected? I am just sitting in silence over here, hoping that no news is essentially good news?

Not yet so far. Every one i have asked said that it's still very early in the cycle. So just keep my fingers crossed right now..

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I truely believe many of you will get solace by taking a break off sdn and do something else for the next month or so. Check emails once or twice a day.

I check my email twice a day between 12 to 5 PM and that was enough for me. Stalking the school specific threads every time an interview is given and thinking "why not me" is not healthy. I have very competitive stats and I didn't get an interview till early september. And I'm sure I'll hear more news within the next two months.

It's still the begginjng of September guys! Many schools haven't even interviewed their first batch of invites yet!

It's funny how every thing you said is exactly what I have been doing since my application is submitted. And I'm sure that happens to most of us here, too. Even though My daily routines are filed with work, family, shadow, volunteer, etc. I still feel like I have so much time on my own to keep checking email and lurking on SDN and be worried..

Btw, I like your optimistic attitude.

If you consider "soft rejections" like "Waitlist for interview" or "future consideration for interview" then I have 3 of those and 1 full rejection from AT Still where I'm a reapplicant and actually had a consultation with them last year to be successful this year. I still got rejected without interview and received that email couple weeks ago.

Probably one of the craziest things I've ever encountered in terms of an application process--what AT Still did.

If you consider "soft rejections" like "Waitlist for interview" or "future consideration for interview" then I have 3 of those and 1 full rejection from AT Still where I'm a reapplicant and actually had a consultation with them last year to be successful this year. I still got rejected without interview and received that email couple weeks ago.

Probably one of the craziest things I've ever encountered in terms of an application process--what AT Still did.

Wow, sorry to hear that about AT Still, but hopefully the consultation will help with your acceptance into other schools!

I don't even know to be honest it could be considered an overall yearly upward trend, not necessarily each quarter. Worked so hard for that DAT to save me just a little lol, so thank you :rolleyes: and I'm a dental assistant so I'm hoping that's helping!
What was your major?

I got rejected from MWU AZ but luckily got a few other interview invites.

Hey all, leaving this club! I finally got my first invite!

Reactions: 7 users
i submitted 7/29 with all finished around 8/5 and no interview. i'm so nervous ogpa 3.58 sgpa 3.44 AA 20

I'm so sad... It looks like every one in here start to leave this forum, except for me.

I'm still here starting to get a little nervous now that everyone is getting interviews to the schools I applied to.

Reactions: 1 users