No interview invitations yet. Should I be worried?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jobo32

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I was wondering if I should be getting worried about now because I have not received any invitations for interviews yet. I submitted my application and supplementals on 8/20/2013. All dental schools received my applications by 8/31/2013. I have applied to six schools. I'm starting to get really nervous.. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Have others in your batch received an interview at your schools? I think it's too early for you to be worried. Unless your application is sub-par...

I doubt you are in the running for any pre-december interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Students in the last cycle were receiving interviews as late as April. Try to stay positive!

Students in the last cycle were receiving interviews as late as April. Try to stay positive!

Let me preface this by saying it's hard to judge without knowledge of your stats, EC's, etc... but assuming you have a solid application I don't think it's the end of the road for you just yet.
Most schools will still have many, many spots available even after December 2nd. We all understand waiting sucks - it makes us anxious and think about the worst case scenario (I think most of us have been there at one point or another this cycle).

If you take a step back and realize that you have done everything you can do to make yourself a competitive applicant you really have nothing to worry about. The waiting and wondering can be agonizing, but hopefully some schools will give you a shot.

Thank you all for your replies. I'd like to share some of my stats with you to give you a better idea.

Science GPA: 3.89
Total GPA: 3.92
Business Major

200+ Hours of shadowing/job experience at a dental office
No research
70 - 80 hours of community service

DAT stats:
AA: 19
TS: 18
PA: 18
QR: 18
Reading: 24
Nothing below a 17

I live in Michigan and I have applied to UMich, UD Mercy, Southern Illinois, LECOM, Case Western, and Med. U of South Carolina.

Thank you all for your replies. I'd like to share some of my stats with you to give you a better idea.

Science GPA: 3.89
Total GPA: 3.92
Business Major

200+ Hours of shadowing/job experience at a dental office
No research
70 - 80 hours of community service

DAT stats:
AA: 19
TS: 18
PA: 18
QR: 18
Reading: 24
Nothing below a 17

I live in Michigan and I have applied to UMich, UD Mercy, Southern Illinois, LECOM, Case Western, and Med. U of South Carolina.

Your GPA is good, but you DAT is a little low. Some schools seem to value the DAT more and some schools seem to be forgiving of a less than stellar DAT in return for a high GPA. Your application is also a little late. I think you should add NYU as safe bet. You will just have to wait a little bit longer in the cycle to hear anything.

There is no point of asking people on here. If you give your information, we can nitpick anything. Many people have similar stats as you and got interviews. I don't think it's your dat that's holding you back.

Just wait and see