No Interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's still early. I feel SDN's sample is somewhat biased. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

@op I had the exact same stats last cycle. Was complete around Labor Day and didn’t get my first II til October. The cycle is long and I got 8 more invites (4 of them after Christmas). I got waitlisted at my top choice in November and got in all the way at the end of May.

Patience is truly a virtue and i will always regret the amount of time I wasted looking in my gmail for invites/acceptances etc.

Reactions: 2 users
@op I had the exact same stats last cycle. Was complete around Labor Day and didn’t get my first II til October. The cycle is long and I got 8 more invites (4 of them after Christmas). I got waitlisted at my top choice in November and got in all the way at the end of May.

Patience is truly a virtue and i will always regret the amount of time I wasted looking in my gmail for invites/acceptances etc.
I've been complete since like July 19th though. Sent all secondaries for most part by early August.

Members don't see this ad :)
In the same boat, but think to yourself: You got to have patience if you're going to have patients in the future.

Reactions: 1 user
In the same boat OP. I consider myself a strong applicant with similar stats to you OP, and I already got rejected from a school (granted it was a state school with 75% in state and i wasn't a resident of that state). But still, a little worrisome. Crossing fingers for you and me!!

still nothing, but no rejects so tryin to be happy
Same boat my friend. Just trying to be optimistic, confident in my app, and trust all the hard work I put in.

Reactions: 1 users
Same boat my friend. Just trying to be optimistic, confident in my app, and trust all the hard work I put in.
I finally got one two days ago, keep your hopes up!!

Reactions: 1 users
Bump for good luck. Completed Early August. No II so far and my neuroticism made me add 7 more schools just in case.

Reactions: 4 users
I have been following this thread and there are a lot of posters with high LizzyM scores. I think that should go to show that it's still very early and not having an II at this point doesn't mean much, as a lot of these people have like a 90% chance of acceptance according to the stats from AAMC.
Of course.... I have one II and I'm still freaking out and checking my email 100x a day and thinking of back up plans, so who am I to judge.

Reactions: 3 users
I have been following this thread and there are a lot of posters with high LizzyM scores. I think that should go to show that it's still very early and not having an II at this point doesn't mean much, as a lot of these people have like a 90% chance of acceptance according to the stats from AAMC.
Of course.... I have one II and I'm still freaking out and checking my email 100x a day and thinking of back up plans, so who am I to judge.
I think it's just painful to see similar high-stat applicants with double digit interviews at this point while we're just hoping to get one to stop worrying about red flags. 10% isn't a small number :(

Reactions: 5 users
Yeah. It's hard to not feel that all that money spent on applying wasn't simply a donation. When there's so many applicants there's always that fear of uncertainty as we don't really know HOW we are going to be looked at. Idk that's just what I struggle with. It is still early in the cycle. It only takes 1 interview to lead to a possible acceptance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4 users
Yeah. It's hard to not feel that all that money spent on applying wasn't simply a donation. When there's so many applicants there's always that fear of uncertainty as we don't really know HOW we are going to be looked at. Idk that's just what I struggle with. It is still early in the cycle. It only takes 1 interview to lead to a possible acceptance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yuuuuup. My bank account is empty rn and I have nothing to show for it :soexcited:

I completely resonate with all of this. And it's even more nerve wracking at interviews. I have had only one II so far, but at the interview, when asked "are you sticking around to see the town/city", braggy premeds be like "oh no, I have an interview at X school, Y school, and Z school, back to back scheduled!" or masked bragging like "I'm worried even though this is like my 8th interview" and I'm just like -_____-
seriously....do you really need to brag about the number of interviews you have already scheduled? we don't want to know....

That being said, good luck to everyone, I think we're all going to be great doctors! keep hopes up!

Reactions: 7 users

Last edited:
Yeah. I've met a Braggy doctor before. Those are everywhere. They don't understand that humility is a far better look. Unfortunately, if they are braggy now they will probably not be humble as doctors. Personally as a patient, I hate this quality and have in the past switched to a doctor I can stand.

Last edited: