"Non Erasable Boards"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jnaz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
can we erease our non erasable boards during the break?

Members don't see this ad.

You can use the boards during the tutorial and the break. They are erasable if you use any bit of water. When I took it, my palms must have been sweating and that was enough to mess up my PAT grids and formulas. An easy way to avoid that is by placing the blank side of the 2nd sheet under your writing hand so you don't smudge anything!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
You can use the boards during the tutorial and the break. They are erasable if you use any bit of water. When I took it, my palms must have been sweating and that was enough to mess up my PAT grids and formulas. An easy way to avoid that is by placing the blank side of the 2nd sheet under your writing hand so you don't smudge anything!

You are NOT allowed to erase anything that is what I was told while taking the test.

You are NOT allowed to erase anything that is what I was told while taking the test.

You're right, but in my case I was unintentionally doing so, and I am not advocating "erasing." I didn't need all the space they gave me and I swapped both boards out during the break. I'm just trying to pass down some advice on how to avoid messing up or smudging your formulas, PAT grids, etc if you happen to have sweaty palms.

You're right, but in my case I was unintentionally doing so, and I am not advocating "erasing." I didn't need all the space they gave me and I swapped both boards out during the break. I'm just trying to pass down some advice on how to avoid messing up or smudging your formulas, PAT grids, etc if you happen to have sweaty palms.

And/or if you are left handed. I must've erased half my stuff with my hand haha

You have 15 minute boards and have to talk to the proctor either way you can spend 10 seconds getting a new board. Also when I was done with a section I raised my hand or when she was already by me and got a new board. Just never stop answering questions to get a board unless you know you have time. I had 5 mins left on science after goin over answers so I get a new board.

At the break you just tell the proctor that you need some new boards and when you go back into the lab after your break there will be some fresh ones waiting for you.

You really should only need them during the science sections to possibly do some genetics problems, gen-chem math, maybe some stereochemistry on o-chem, and for hole-punching+cubes on PAT. They initially give you two sheets which are double sided so it's plenty imo

Yeah I only used one front and back, did almost all of my math in my head for QR, looking over/knowing formula sheet from destroyer helped me a lot.

I'm left handed and realized instantly that smudging was going to be a problem. So I started writing my scratch work from the right side and moved left as I needed more space. It greatly reduce smudging.

-start rant-

sorry... but this whole non-erasable board thing is just straight up ******ED.

I mean we're already trying to take a difficult timed exam that we paid $385 for... and we can't have regular scrap paper...or even erasable boards? what in the world are they thinking.

all the prometric centers around chicago have the crappiest reviews too. rude/ talkative proctors, nasty molding testing area, etc etc etc.

gahhhhhhhh. lol :scared:

-end rant-

quite frankly they don't care as long as they can continually raise the prices for DAT and still expect more applicants to sign up.