Non-jupas MBBS/ MBchB 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
haha thanks MbChBTrojan!
noope. i've done a year of medicine :)
so you've obtained a first degree already? at.. USC im guessing? from "trojan" hahah.

Members don't see this ad.

wow...it seems people from the UK know about US colleges pretty well :p
nah...I wish I have a first degree...but sadly, I don't...I am only at the very primitive stage of my college education
What about you then...are you admitted into year 1 or year 2?

haha i guess we're pretty much on the same boat then!
im admitted into year 1. how about you? and are you definitely attending?

Members don't see this ad :)
yea...I should be attending, so that my age would be closer to other med students back there :p
What about you then? Still being hesitant?

yeah i should be attending too. so i'm guessing that you've done a year of uni and now you're coming back?
as for people in the UK knowing about US colleges...you've underestimated me :p jkjk
are you planning to go to the orientation camp?

yea...I should be going to the Medical School orientation...though I will be jet-lagging so much...Will you be there?

i should be there :) if they receive my documents in time. i'm not in hk at the moment and will only JUST be in time to attend. so you wont be the only one with jetlag : )

YAY!!! WE ARE ON THE SAME BOAT :p
I will not be in HK until the morning of that day...

oh dear. haha i have one day to get over jetlag- i guess i'll have company when everyone's fast asleep hahah.
so i'm guessing that you wont be there for registration on aug 6?

nahh i won't be there either. guess we're on the same boat as well haha.

So all of you guys are going to CU? Anyone going to HKU?

I am such a loner in here :(

For those who got into HKU or CUHK (probably not that many of us here), I think we should do a get together in HK before school starts?

Greetings ALL,
I came across this forum recently and find so many of u in the same situation as me so I've decided to join in. Interviewed and got accepted to cuhk medicine, almost certain that I'm attending.
Mine is a special case however, i got a conditional offer such that I must pass a CHInese Language Profiency Test in order to be officially accepted...test to be held at the medical building on Aug 18, arranged by the faculty of medicine. Are any of you in the same boat as me??? how are you preparing for it? any advice/expertise from anyone is much appreciated

a little bit about me then...
Male, born in HK, lived and studied in Canada since age 7, did my undergrad at UofT majored in human bio/anthro, graduated, now 23, still feeling indigenous HK at heart thus wanting to study and practice in HK more than anywhere else...

I dont' know a single person in HK (besides family, relatives) so I can't wait to meet u guys in class!

no worries Medstudent23 :)
From what I have heard of, no one has ever failed the test~
It is basically an orientation done in Cantonese by a Medical School Professor.
Soooo, if you possess basic Cantonese listening and speaking skills, you should be good :p
See you in Sept~ or at orientation if you are going~

hey thanks MbcHBTrojan! that puts me at ease quite a bit:)
i'm pretty comfortable with speaking, listening and even reading/comprehending chinese newspapers/novels and stuff, it's just writing that i'm worrying about (can't dictate all the characters that I am able to recognize on paper)... from what i've heard there's a dictation component in last yr's test that u were asked to write down a particular "tang" poem that the prof recited (like how local primary school kids in HK are able to do)

Last edited:
hey medstudent23! :)
i was actually in a similar situation as you are haha. i had a conditional offer based upon the chinese language test. but they ended up waiving it cus i have some form of qualification for chinese.
from what i've heard, the test itself isn't too difficult. so i'm sure you'll defo pass it.