Non-Science LOR

Started by icestreak
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

icestreak

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently a sophomore in bioengineering and looking at my future courses, it seems like my English 102 course is my last non-science course, excluding BE courses that focus on ethics/non-sciency sounding subjects. I've had the professor in a previous course and I believe she likes me (mainly because no one else tries in the class) but otherwise, she isn't really close to me. Although I have some doubts, I think I will eventually be asking her to write my non-science LOR. Should I ask her now to write me my non-science LOR or ask her in a year or two, closer to the application process?
 
When you say English 102 will be your last non-science course, do you mean that you have yet to take it? If that's the case, make an effort to build a stronger relationship with her before asking so that she can write a better letter for you.
 
I'm currently taking it now. So I should ask her near the end of the semester and not like a year from now when I'll need it?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ask her at the end of the semester, when memories of you are fresh. If your school has a letter service, use it to keep your letter until you're ready to send it. If not, then use a service like Interfolio that will keep letters for you and send it to AMCAS when you need to.