Noob Game 2021 Sign Ups: All New WW Players Welcome!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What is your preferred start date? Pick two!

• Total voters
no worries! I encourage you to sign up for WWedding if you're interested at least, cuz I could use some more players for balance purposes :) But if you're busy or whatnot, that's cool too!
I will sit out weddings. We are currently trying to fit in fun festive family activities with every spare second. You have to force as much in as you can to truly have fun and enjoy family bonding! (is it possible to make up for 11 months of bad parenting in one month? :unsure:)

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
  • Hmm
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
I'm watching Wild Wild West and wondering why no one has made a game based on this truly absurd and kind of gloriously awful movie

Anyway mods can I make a suggestion to change the game theme? :angelic: Noobs must be brought up on the highest achievable level of insanity possible
That was a gloriously great movie! I may be biased bc I loved the show..... Yes, it was based off a TV show.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Serious question- how involved is WW? I’m interested but not sure if I’ll be able to check in much during the day

Reactions: 3 users
Cubbie pls

I see how it is :(

Seriously, I dont know the first thing about manatoring. I obviously had some guidance when I started but never played a true n00b game. I have absolutely no idea what kind of guidance to give, how much, if my advice is even worth anything, etc. Is there a way to view previous noob manator chats? If I can get an idea of an approach to it, I may consider it.

Reactions: 1 user
Seriously, I dont know the first thing about manatoring. I obviously had some guidance when I started but never played a true n00b game. I have absolutely no idea what kind of guidance to give, how much, if my advice is even worth anything, etc. Is there a way to view previous noob manator chats? If I can get an idea of an approach to it, I may consider it.
If you can keep your noob from rage quitting, you'll be doing better than me. It's a low bar. Just say helpful things and encourage their thoughts.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users

just the fact you're taking it this seriously means you'll be a good manator :cat:

Serious question- how involved is WW? I’m interested but not sure if I’ll be able to check in much during the day
Depends on how chatty everyone is - in games with a lot of chatter, it can take a while to catch up if you only check in once a day. I work, so I usually check in over lunch and again at the end of the day because that tends to be a more active period.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The degree of involvement is really what you want it to be! In general, I think if you have about an hour that you can use for it, you’ll be able to make do. All of us who play regularly are either in school or working full time - some people are able to check in during the day and some aren’t, but if you have about an hour minimum (either spread throughout the day or all in one go), you can make it work!

It varies based on individual playstyle! I'd say expect to spend maybe an hour total on it at minimum, but that can be spread throughout the day. We also tend to close days pretty late, usually 10pm EST, so a lot of people check in after work.

Reactions: 4 users
If you can keep your noob from rage quitting, you'll be doing better than me. It's a low bar. Just say helpful things and encourage their thoughts.
Hey now, I’ve only rage quit to sit out one game. You’re not getting rid of me that easy.

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I try a Socratic and holodeck style of manatoring and most of my manatees are like "wtf" and stop playing after that one game lol

My wolf children lived, but I attribute that to @Animal Midwife
Wait wut??? Youre in manator spec chat with me and genny lol.

That’s the point cubsy :laugh:
I'm funny too, I swear!

• Haha
  • Love
I try a Socratic and holodeck style of manatoring and most of my manatees are like "wtf" and stop playing after that one game lol

Meats pls, you left genny out 🥺
It was all 3 of you!

• Care

This sounds eerily similar to my situation. Wait, we have the same wolf childrens... No credit to me? LOL

• Haha
  • Care
What is going on in here? :rofl: I am amused and scared at the same time.
We’re recruiting for our WW/mafia noob game! It’s a lot of fun.

Here’s a quick summary explaining the game
If you’ve ever played mafia or werewolf in real life, it’s like that except over posts! You’ll get a PM telling you your role and affiliation (village, wolf, or some other third party with a different win condition), then on the game thread talk with people to try to figure out who are the wolves and convince people you’re not a wolf. Wolves know who else is a wolf, villagers do not. Wolves win if they reach the same number of wolves as villagers, villagers win if all wolves (and other factions that could kill off or convert villagers) are eliminated. Every day, one person is eliminated by popular vote. Every night ~one person is killed (approx one because there are special roles some people, both village and non-village, have like protecting from kills or extra kills that will affect the number) by the wolves.

The into post of the thread is a good explanation too! :heckyeah:

You should play if interested. It’s a game of mostly all new players so it’s a great time to jump in!

I'm sorry I was tagged in this and am not 100% sure what it is for?

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
I'm sorry I was tagged in this and am not 100% sure what it is for?

If you’ve ever played mafia or werewolf in real life, it’s like that except over posts! You’ll get a PM telling you your role and affiliation (village, wolf, or some other third party with a different win condition), then on the game thread talk with people to try to figure out who are the wolves and convince people you’re not a wolf. Wolves know who else is a wolf, villagers do not. Wolves win if they reach the same number of wolves as villagers, villagers win if all wolves (and other factions that could kill off or convert villagers) are eliminated. Every day, one person is eliminated by popular vote. Every night ~one person is killed (approx one because there are special roles some people, both village and non-village, have like protecting from kills or extra kills that will affect the number) by the wolves.

It’s a game of mostly all new players so it’s a great time to jump in!

It’s a game of mostly all new players so it’s a great time to jump in!

Omg... another automated response! Has Zenge been replaced by a LAwpy bot??????

• Wow
  • Angry
Omg... another automated response! Has Zenge been replaced by a LAwpy bot??????
Cubs pls. That’s not how it works. The AI’s aren’t that powerful yet.

• Hmm
  • Care
Lawpy pls Manitor. Who else will teach a new generation to “walk pls” have sweaty hands, and let us know when they’re “rear”? 🥺

This sounds eerily similar to my situation. Wait, we have the same wolf childrens... No credit to me? LOL
Oh god I forgot there were more than two wolfators (both more qualified than me). I'm not going to lie, I also forgot who all of my wolfatees were and just assumed by math that some of them were around, like sea turtles making it to the ocean. Some of them have to carry on, right?!

Does it surprise anyone that my doctor wants to test me for ADHD next month

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
I don’t remember any holodecks. I’m a bad manatee who would fail the WW final exam, all I retained was the ****posting

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
I don’t remember any holodecks. I’m a bad manatee who would fail the WW final exam, all I retained was the ****posting
I'd fail the WW final if it was protectored by LockDown Browser because they'd think the volume of my laugher was cheat-talking to someone else.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
I try to do Socratic method when it comes to strategy or analyzing other players, you can answer most mechanics questions pretty directly. I go off about general WW theory or possibilities to explain things they see. I link to relevant MafiaScum articles on theory/strat.

It's not hard although like any game can take time.

Just don't give them your own reads on Aff or tell them who to vote, or tell them exactly who to target with abilities. I manatored a tinkerer and so occasionally gave some ideas there, but nothing like I was playing the game for them.

It can be super rewarding.

I can probably add you to my old manator chat with M935 (I don't think he'll mind) if you're serious, tomorrow.